Optech bino/op strap qd or camstrap qd

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Senna, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Senna

Senna New to Mu-43

Mar 12, 2013
    Hi

I was looking at getting one of the following straps for olympus omd
    Optech straps bino/op strap qd or camstrap qd has anybody had one of the straps long term on on a omd any pics would be great to get idea of size as I can only find larger models many thanks and welcome:
    Wanted lightweight compact strap

2. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I love my Optech straps. I don't have an E-M5 but have used them on my PENS and my Nikon DSLRs.

3. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    I have the Bin/Op strap, and though it might do in a pinch on the EM5, I probably wouldn't use it with anything heavier than an EPM2/EPL5. I *do* use the Cam Strap QD on my EM5 and EPM2. I picked up a $15 Crumpler Popular Disgrace neck strap and swapped its mini QD connectors with Op/Tech connectors, so I can easily switch between the camstrap and the Crumpler neck strap very easily without having to have multiple connectors on the camera's lugs.

These are the connectors I installed on my Popular Disgrace (they match the connector on the Cam strap QD):

Mini QD Loops

BTW, the Popular Disgrace is very comfortable, well made and lightweight. Since getting it, I've quit using the Bin/Op strap entirely. (It's probably more appropriate for my LX-5 anyway.) :smile:

4. tornado

tornado Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    I've been using the OP Compact Sling for my OM-D with a variety of lenses inclding the heavy Voigtlander 25mm f0.95. Rides very nicely with this light sling strap. Quick connector is rated to 44 lbs static load.

OP/TECH USA Compact Sling

5. Senna

Senna New to Mu-43

Mar 12, 2013
    Many thanks to everyone who has replyed to thread decided to go with shoulder strap thanks again

• Like Like x 1