Optech bino/op strap qd or camstrap qd

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Senna, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Senna

Senna New to Mu-43

Mar 12, 2013
    Hi

I was looking at getting one of the following straps for olympus omd
    Optech straps bino/op strap qd or camstrap qd has anybody had one of the straps long term on on a omd any pics would be great to get idea of size as I can only find larger models many thanks and welcome:
    Wanted lightweight compact strap

2. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I love my Optech straps. I don't have an E-M5 but have used them on my PENS and my Nikon DSLRs.

3. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    I have the Bin/Op strap, and though it might do in a pinch on the EM5, I probably wouldn't use it with anything heavier than an EPM2/EPL5. I *do* use the Cam Strap QD on my EM5 and EPM2. I picked up a $15 Crumpler Popular Disgrace neck strap and swapped its mini QD connectors with Op/Tech connectors, so I can easily switch between the camstrap and the Crumpler neck strap very easily without having to have multiple connectors on the camera's lugs.

These are the connectors I installed on my Popular Disgrace (they match the connector on the Cam strap QD):

Mini QD Loops

BTW, the Popular Disgrace is very comfortable, well made and lightweight. Since getting it, I've quit using the Bin/Op strap entirely. (It's probably more appropriate for my LX-5 anyway.) :smile:

4. tornado

tornado Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    I've been using the OP Compact Sling for my OM-D with a variety of lenses inclding the heavy Voigtlander 25mm f0.95. Rides very nicely with this light sling strap. Quick connector is rated to 44 lbs static load.

OP/TECH USA Compact Sling

5. Senna

Senna New to Mu-43

Mar 12, 2013
    Many thanks to everyone who has replyed to thread decided to go with shoulder strap thanks again

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.