Opportunity to purchase like new 14-54 ...

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by cdecurtis, Jun 18, 2014.

1. cdecurtis

cdecurtis Mu-43 Regular

Sep 6, 2012
    Marietta, Georgia, USA
    Not sure if it is the Mk I or Mk II version. Waiting for a response. Price is $150. Supposedly purchased and never used.

Worth purchasing for EM5 and EM1? Or should I stick it on my e-series bodies (which I rarely use now)...300, 500, 510, etc?
  2. kenez

kenez Mu-43 Regular

Apr 18, 2012
    I have both the 14-54 Mk 1 and MK 11 lenses. I used both on an EM-5 with acceptable results (great optically, slow to AF). I now have an EM-1 and the AF is definitely improved with that combination of body and lens. It's not the fastest combo in the world but for $150 you can't go wrong.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. nstelemark

nstelemark Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 28, 2013
    Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada
    I would agree for $150 it is a win.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. GBarrington

GBarrington Mu-43 Veteran

Buy it! For that money, it is an excellent choice, even on something other than the E-M1. The mark II will focus a bit faster than the Mark I, but will be otherwise identical in optical performance, which blows away the 'affordable' m43s lenses. I use MK I with the E-M10, mostly in manual focus mode, but the manual focusing on the E-M10 is so good, quick, and ACCURATE, that I don't really miss auto-focus very often.

I wrote about lens compatibility on the E-M10 issues HERE on my personal non-commercial blog.

P5270076 by glenbarrington, on Flickr[/IMG]
    • Like Like x 1