1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Opportunity to purchase like new 14-54 ...

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by cdecurtis, Jun 18, 2014.

1. cdecurtis

cdecurtis Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Marietta, Georgia, USA
    Charles
    Not sure if it is the Mk I or Mk II version. Waiting for a response. Price is $150. Supposedly purchased and never used.

Worth purchasing for EM5 and EM1? Or should I stick it on my e-series bodies (which I rarely use now)...300, 500, 510, etc?

2. kenez

kenez Mu-43 Regular

Apr 18, 2012
    I have both the 14-54 Mk 1 and MK 11 lenses. I used both on an EM-5 with acceptable results (great optically, slow to AF). I now have an EM-1 and the AF is definitely improved with that combination of body and lens. It's not the fastest combo in the world but for $150 you can't go wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  3. nstelemark

nstelemark Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

May 28, 2013
    Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada
    Larry
    I would agree for $150 it is a win.

• Like Like x 1
  4. GBarrington

GBarrington Mu-43 Top Veteran

Buy it! For that money, it is an excellent choice, even on something other than the E-M1. The mark II will focus a bit faster than the Mark I, but will be otherwise identical in optical performance, which blows away the 'affordable' m43s lenses. I use MK I with the E-M10, mostly in manual focus mode, but the manual focusing on the E-M10 is so good, quick, and ACCURATE, that I don't really miss auto-focus very often.

I wrote about lens compatibility on the E-M10 issues HERE on my personal non-commercial blog.

[​IMG][/URL]
    P5270076 by glenbarrington, on Flickr[/IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.