Opinions wanted

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by jon595, Sep 20, 2012.

1. jon595

jon595 Mu-43 Veteran

May 2, 2011
    PA
    I just finally took the time to write some of my own code for use on my website for a Portfolio section. Before, I was lazy and just grabbed JAlbum to make a quick, nice looking place to display my favorites. They started to shove ads into the free version of JAlbum though, so I decided to simply write my own.

My new portfolio section

It's not totally done, as I still want to add some nice to have's and make sure it's not broke. I'd like to hear any opinions or critique's (on the portfolio, not the contents...)

2. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    I'm seeing doubled scrollbars in Chrome, especially with page resizing. I imagine you're screwing up your scrolling styles somewhere, but I'm in no mood to debug it in detail so that's on you :) I also think the images ought to be bigger, and it'd be nice to be able to link images without direct-linking. Should be simple enough to sync the page target from JS. Personally I'd JQuery the whole thing, only because I find this sort of thing incredibly tiresome to write for the hundredth time.

3. mr_botak

mr_botak Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 4, 2011
    Reading, UK
    David
    I agree with Promit, the images should be larger. All seems work fine here - kubuntu+firefox. As an aside the image loaded extremely slowly.

4. jon595

jon595 Mu-43 Veteran

May 2, 2011
    PA
    Thanks for the heads up. I can't tell if its the hosting that is making it so slow or not. There are numerous issues to fix. I normally work on the middle and back end of systems, so my front end skills are rather rusty.

Just a hobbyist.

5. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Photos loaded quickly on my Android tablet using the stock browser. When I click on a thumbnail to see an individual photo the preview box extends above the top of the screen. I can then pull it down to see the top of the photo, but I can't move it back up to get to the next/prev buttons.