Opinions sought - price of 14-54mm Mk II

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Ricoh, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Ricoh

Ricoh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 2, 2013
    UK
    Steve
    Is £300 ($US 480) about right for a 'mint' example of the Mk II 14-54 ollly?

Opinions please.

2. Web-Betty

Web-Betty Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Jun 16, 2013
    Denver
    Melissa
    They're US $599 new, and I didn't see any deals on eBay so it would seem this is a decent price. Of course, "decent price" is always relative. :)

3. Ricoh

Ricoh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 2, 2013
    UK
    Steve
    In rip-off Btitain, cost of a new example is £550 (approximately $880). Me thinks I need to to take a holiday in the US and splash out, lol

I always thought they (the retailers) just change the symbol so $599 becomes £599 - less a bit.
    To be fair though (??) we do pay 20% VAT (purchase tax) so £550 less tax is £440 which equates to $700 approx, but still a margin to the retailer compared to the US of A.

4. kenez

kenez Mu-43 Regular

Apr 18, 2012
    KEH has an "Excellent+" copy with hood, caps, case for $379. Not sure about international shipping charges though.

5. Ricoh

Ricoh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 2, 2013
    UK
    Steve
    Thanks for letting me know, kenez.
    I've actually landed a 14-54 Mk II from the bay, cost me £300 but it's in excellent condition, complete with UV filter. Hooked it up to mY EM-5 and I'm quite pleased with the focus in terms of response time. Hope to give it a proper 'test drive' over the festive hols (8 days worth here in Blighty !)
    Steve.

6. manypix

manypix Mu-43 Regular

Feb 21, 2013
    Portland, OR, USA
    Ricoh:

I think you'll love your new 14-54 II. It's one of my favorite AF lenses, and the focus speed is just fine for static or near-static subjects. It's not too heavy, it has wide applicability, and the IQ is very good, though to my eyes not as stunning as the 11-22. But the focus of the 11-22 is bad enough on the E-M5 that I use it in MF mode....

Cheers!

7. Ricoh

Ricoh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 2, 2013
    UK
    Steve
    Cheers Manypix!
    Yes I'm very happy with the 14-54, I tried it out indoors last night and I was pleased with the focus response, faster than I could do manually. It also looks quite smart on the EM-5, so I'm very happy indeed.
    It's got me thinking about the ZD 9-18 if I can pick one up for the right price.

8. beameup

beameup Mu-43 Regular

Oct 23, 2013
    The 14-54 II is the only lens I use on my new E-M1
    (well, I do use the Body Cap Lens on occassion :smile: )

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.