1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Opinions on Scarab Darkroom?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by MSnap, Jun 5, 2016.

1. MSnap

MSnap Mu-43 Regular

Apr 27, 2013
    Hello all

It's a while since I've been on the forums. I thought the Open Discussion pages would be a good place to talk about Scarab Darkroom. Compared to Olympus Viewer 3, the feature set of Scarab Darkroom seems small, but maybe it's enough. Has anyone here tried it? What do you think are the strengths and weaknesses?

I've tried several RAW editors this weekend, but as a newcomer to this area I feel like my hands-on time has only given me a very superficial impression of each package.

2. Ian.

Ian. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2013
    Munich
    Ian
    It's Windows only. That's a pretty big weakness for me on Kubuntu. But most of the Olympus software is equally useless. Only their Android app O. I. Share is OK.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. GBarrington

GBarrington Mu-43 Veteran

I tried it about a year ago, it was OK. I personally didn't feel it offered me enough reason to switch from what I'm using (ACDSee Ultimate 9 - Back then, ACDSee Pro 8).

To be honest, I don't think any of the raw developers do a bad job. It's the user interface and the convenience features that make or break your relationship with a particular developer program.