1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Opens Door, Peeks Around the Corner and Hopes the Bouncer Doesn't Recognize Me.....

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by kundalini, Sep 12, 2011.

1. kundalini

kundalini Mu-43 Regular

Aug 20, 2011
    Some of you may have seen some of my posts of late and many of you probably haven't. Those that have most likely have wondered WTF is this guy on. This forum seems to be okay and this is my maiden voyage into the m43 world. I got into it like many others it seems coming from the dSLR world. Damn tired of lugging the heavy artillery around in hopes of squeezing off a couple of decent shots.

I was in Africa this past May and carried most of my gear. That was the catalyst. I had been thinking of going smaller for some time, but this trip drove the final nail in the coffin. I hated it. Next month I will be doing my annual pilgramige to the NC mountains on the BRP and my thoughts were uuugggghhhh, carrying all that sh!t, for what? I am doing the BRP with my camping mates for the last ten years from mile marker 0 to the end at mile marker 469. We're on the third year of this venture. So that is a bit of history for the m43 migration.

I have been shooting for a few years (got my first SLR in 1974) and IMO, grabbed a few lucky shots. But before I show you some of those, you should be warned. I am an old cantankerous sumbitch at times and have no problem offering an opinion. I haven't figured this community out yet as far as C&C goes towards posted images. It seems civil and I can appreciate that, but i also have a critical eye and often times will offer a suggestion 'for the next time' on certain subjects. But that's just me. If this community doesn't work that way, I'm sure someone will let me know. The point being is that I want to help others in their photographic journey, to improve and to post better photos than their FB friends. BTW, I don't Facebook, but I've seen the results. Dismal in general, don't you think?

So before I go to the trouble of finding a bunch of images to post so you can have an idea of where I'm at on my photographic journey........ so far, with what you've read........ is it worth the effort?

Sorry, that was a loaded question. You should have something to form an opinion on in the first place. So here are a few teasers........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking. I hope I can be helpful here. If not, perhaps a comic relief.

• Like Like x 16
  2. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

Impressive.

3. ZephyrZ33

ZephyrZ33 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern California
    "my thoughts were uuugggghhhh, carrying all that sh!t"

^And we have a new mu-43 motto.

Welcome and enjoyed the pix. Your C&C will be much appreciated from me. Pretty soon you will need to change your sig. :cool:

4. s0nus

s0nus Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 13, 2010
    Chicago
    I, for one, welcome your honest criticism.

Welcome to the community!

5. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Great images! Welcome to the user group!

6. Great set of images. Welcome and thanks for posting.

7. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Welcome aboard..give us some real C&C. :)

8. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Welcome. Criticism is often well received here as long as it doesn't begin with "look, idiot . . .":biggrin:

9. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    Debi
    I'm with you on constructive criticism.

The images that you posted in this thread demonstrate that you have a wide breadth of photographic interests. Thanks for sharing.