Opening up the site to all cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

RogerM

Mu-43 Veteran
Whew!
I read through it all!

Do what you gotta do Amin; personally I like inclusivity and I'm sure it can work (don't overthink it).
I'd like to see expansion into 'retro', 'vintage' and 'classic' digital gear as I don't think anyone's really doing that in a focused way apart from a few enthusiast bloggers.
And I think there would be good traffic on that theme.

I'll still be here.

Web-Betty

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Melissa
I'm on page 3, and am not going to read the novels on pages 4-16, lol.

My knee-jerk reaction is one of sadness. I love the focus on M43, which is the reason I joined. I do, however, understand that times change and things get expensive. If there continues to be a dedicated space for M43, I will gladly remain a member.

Egregius V

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Rev. Gregory Vozzo
Thanks for creating and maintaining such a great community, Amin! Whatever you decide, count me in.

Personally, I'm in favor of the consolidation you're considering - for the reasons you've outlined and considering that gear diversity is already an enjoyed reality in this forum. We're already making it work better than some other communities. Best wishes!

haunted scrap heap
I've been looking up words related to photography in other languages and found one I think could work: zaslonke

From what I can tell, it means iris or aperture in Slovenian. I think it makes for a pretty cool website name: www.zaslonke.com

As much as I like the fun factor, memorability may be an issue for many people...

Photobrother must be a winner!

(Philadelphia = City of brotherly love, Phila = love, delphia = Brother, If I get it correctly!)

Yeah, it looks like the term's been kicked around here and there in the past, mostly in relation to the city itself... and thinking about it, I suppose maybe the association would be too heavily weighted towards the city rather than literal meaning...

Ulfric M Douglas

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
This is the only busy fully-international English-language micro-four-thirds format forum on t'internet.
It contains the very best threads about what m4/3rds bodies and lenses can do, and what can be done with them.
There are years of excellent posts here about m4/3rds stuff.

What's the date for the proposed death?

Reflector

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
This is the only busy fully-international English-language micro-four-thirds format forum on t'internet.
It contains the very best threads about what m4/3rds bodies and lenses can do, and what can be done with them.
There are years of excellent posts here about m4/3rds stuff.

What's the date for the proposed death?

Aside from the last line, I think that in itself is a good reason to keep the mu-43.com domain and instead do an expansion rather than a merger...

cdmicha

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Chris
if I go to Aminsabet.com, I am at some sort of top page, but if I type in mu-43.com (talkemount, fuji or camaraderie), I go to the m43 sub forum top page (or whatever is appropriate for the other URLs

I love this idea. It would accomplish the merger idea but still keep identities separate- and a way to quickly go to parts we are interested in. That and the global login are brilliant.

I've been looking up words related to photography in other languages and found one I think could work: zaslonke

From what I can tell, it means iris or aperture in Slovenian. I think it makes for a pretty cool website name: www.zaslonke.com

I don't like this idea at all. Honestly I thought you were kidding first :)

I think Cameraderie is a great overall name idea, perhaps a bit hard to spell though, but something similar, then simply use the regular site names as branches off that make the most sense (i.e. mu-43.com).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom