Open challenge - who can identify why I thought his technique is so interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BushmanOrig

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Siegfried
This is properly one of the most entertaining youtube channels.
You need to get a cup of coffee to appreciate what you will see happening here...
This is a master photographer, entertainer, videographers at work being creative...
And it's NOT the Sony... its the Photographer...
We all can learn from him...

On-demand from 2, I changed the heading...

Last edited:

PakkyT

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Can't be bothered to look at the video, but based strictly on your title, it would seems most of us here agree that it is ridiculous to keep discussing this, yet one person has made it their life mission to be that guy at the dinner party who keep trying to bait everyone else into a political discussion when most just want to talk about sports, cars, and which Instagram chick is the hottest.

BushmanOrig

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Siegfried
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Can't be bothered to look at the video, but based strictly on your title, it would seem most of us here agree that it is ridiculous to keep discussing this, yet one person has made it their life mission to be that guy at the dinner party who keeps trying to bait everyone else into a political discussion when most just want to talk about sports, cars, and which Instagram chick is the hottest.
Interesting personal attack and rudeness from you PakkyT - you the first to preach full wells, half wells, full-frame receives more light and when someone presents something really interesting you try to block people from watching it with a response like this? Why would you NOT like people to see an alternative approach to photography? Why always pivoting back to sensor size with a 2 stop benefit? The sensor size thread you couldn't stop yourself from posting nonstop is still going on and the ever so holy you accuse me of talking about sensor size?

I think its more a case you do not want people to see something different to you and your mate's repetition of full-frame keywords over and over...

Man up and open your vision and learn something other than 2 stops better, full or half wells... Let's make a challenge - see if you can identify why I thought the video is so interesting?

Last edited:
see if you can identify why I thought the video is so interesting?
Because Amanda is cute? 😃

I think it's fine if you share videos that you find interesting. But can you please stop with the provocative titles? I like a "gear doesn't matter" discussion once in a while, but I am tired of talking about sensor sizes.

BushmanOrig

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Siegfried
Because Amanda is cute? 😃

I think it's fine if you share videos that you find interesting. But can you please stop with the provocative titles? I like a "gear doesn't matter" discussion once in a while, but I am tired of talking about sensor sizes.
Frank I really thought you would get it - so you really did not manage to get past the heading and the girl? Did you notice anything else - something really interesting?

Cederic

Mu-43 Top Veteran
27 minute video that starts with obnoxious music? I made it 2 1/2 seconds in before closing the browser tab.

If you'd like a discussion, help me understand what I'm meant to be discussing.

RS86

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I don't know what this video is about, and likely never will unless someone says it. It's 28 minutes long and I have no time to watch random mystery videos. This looks like a sit-com or something, even the video text doesn't explain more.

Personally I like when posters do a brief explanation on what the video is about. If it was 10-15 minutes video I might watch it when I have time. But that's just me.

BushmanOrig

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Siegfried
Wow, guys - you need to think out the box and stop asking to be spoon-fed...

Let me help you - go look at the technique he uses when taking the images - try to identify the bigger picture and the details...

Now I am really curious to see if you manage to think outside the full-frame is better box...

RS86

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Wow, guys - you need to think out the box and stop asking to be spoon-fed...

Let me help you - go look at the technique he uses when taking the images - try to identify the bigger picture and the details...

Now I am really interested to see if you can think out the full-frame is better box...
I'm not asking anything, just saying that I likely won't watch such a long video, when it might be related to photography I do, or not.

And funny thing is that Cederic said exactly same thing at the same exact second, so there are others too. Thanks for the share, haven't heard of that channel yet.

BushmanOrig

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Siegfried
I'm not asking anything, just saying that I likely won't watch such a long video, when it might be related to photography I do, or not.

And funny thing is that Cederic said exactly same thing at the same exact second, so there are others too. Thanks for the share, haven't heard of that channel yet.
Yes, this is one of the challenges of our modern age - the resistance to new ideas or the 3sec attention span or the swipe of a thumb - frightening if you think about it - population and public opinion is driven by keywords (the 3sec swipe)...

RS86

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Yes, this is one of the challenges of our modern age - the 3sec attention span or the swipe of a thumb - frightening if you think about it - population and public opinion is driven by keywords (the 3sec swipe)...
Thanks for suggesting I have 3 second attention span, when I just don't have time for half hour video when I know basically nothing about it and it looks goofy as a sit-com or something. In addition I will leave for a vacation in 2 hours.

Actually I find it weird that the channel itself doesn't even say at all what the video is about. Just "you might learn photography here, unlike in other videos." which is not very inviting. I guess he thinks about his followers rather than someone who might come in for the first time.

Cederic

Mu-43 Top Veteran
No, this is one of the challenges of having so much content available online. People need a reason to grant you 27 minutes of their time and a clickbait style headline deters rather than attracts.

BushmanOrig

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Siegfried
No, this is one of the challenges of having so much content available online. People need a reason to grant you 27 minutes of their time and a clickbait style headline deters rather than attracts.
What headline? I posted a thousand and one suggestion this morning - really?

BushmanOrig

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Siegfried
Thanks for suggesting I have 3 second attention span, when I just don't have time for half hour video when I know basically nothing about it and it looks goofy as a sit-com or something. In addition I will leave for a vacation in 2 hours.

Actually I find it weird that the channel itself doesn't even say at all what the video is about. Just "you might learn photography here, unlike in other videos." which is not very inviting. I guess he thinks about his followers rather than someone who might come in for the first time.
I really hope you have a great holiday my friend - great images and good rest... :)

Did you notice anything else - something really interesting?
I have not watched the video. As the others said, not everyone has the time to watch a 27-minute video, just to find out what you found interesting about it. Is there a specific section of the video that you found remarkable? As far as I know from Gavin Hardcastle's videos, much of it is filled with comedy (which he does well, but it might not contribute to the 'challenge' you set :)). So pointing to specific sections may help us more. Or just tell us what you thought, rather than making it a challenge. The problem is not our attention spans, but our busy lives, trying to care for our loved ones and keep ourselves sane in these difficult times.

Thanks for updating the thread title, by the way!

Last edited:

BushmanOrig

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Siegfried
I have not watched the video. As the others said, not everyone has the time to watch a 27-minute video, just to find out what you found interesting about it. Is there a specific section of the video that you found remarkable? As far as I know from Gavin Hardcastle's videos, much of it is filled with comedy (which he does well, but it might not contribute to the 'challenge' you set :)). So pointing to specific sections may help us more. Or just tell us what you thought, rather than making it a challenge. The problem is not our attention spans, but our busy lives, trying to care for our loved ones and keeping ourselves sane in these difficult times.

Thanks for updating the thread title, by the way!
Frank nothing against you -

Go see from the 13min to 22min marks - where he demonstrates taking the image - you, unfortunately, need to watch the full 9 minutes to see what he does and to uncover the riddle - what unique technique does he apply to get to his final image?

xxxxxxx

Now for the rest of the video, it's also packed with great techniques and stuff we can all learn from. Unfortunately, a small group, full-frame advocates and blind followers WOULD NOT allow others to find all the other interesting stuff in the video cause they just couldn't get past the heading (they got stuck at the heading), wow:-

- Preparing and executing his video script
- Shooting angles, video techniques, applying his camera
- Using what is available to make very entertaining videos
- When you watch more of his stuff - themes running from one video over several
- Lots of entertaining techniques and information...

One can clearly see two types of reactions to my original post:-
1. Those completely hooked by a full-frame narrative and the fear of any alternative thinking to their narrative...
2. Those who do not care to read or "do a 3sec swipe", or watch the video BUT immediately ready to follow others and post reactions... weird

Shocking...

Now blame me for being to direct - just go see the ongoing sensor size discussion and think of the 1st post-reaction and why I react like this...

gnarlydog australia

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Damiano Visocnik
I LOVE that video!
Well the first minute with the guy with the modular helmet: I have the same one.
Anybody that has the same helmet as I bought MUST be great... I mean AWESOME
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE SUGGESTION FOR THIS VIDEO.
I only watched the first minute and I was smitten... not sure what was about but I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT
THE BEST, EVER

P.S. that helmet sucks.... I rarely use it....

John King

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Siegfried, I'm not an apologist for anything, and am perfectly happy with my choices of gear for the last 13 years.

HOWEVER, I have to agree with others. No way am I about to watch a 30 minute video that may not even be slightly interesting to me.

Life's too short (specially at my age ... ), and far too precious to waste on "maybes" ... sorry.

Go see from the 13min to 22min marks - where he demonstrates taking the image - you, unfortunately, need to watch the full 9 minutes to see what he does and to uncover the riddle - what unique technique does he apply to get to his final image?
Thanks for mentioning the timestamps. I have watched that part. Is exposure blending the technique you're referring to? I think Gavin does that a lot, for instance with one long exposure to get a blurry waterfall and a shorter exposure to keep the rest tack sharp, and then blending it in post. Similarly for focus stacking.

Have I won the challenge? 😃

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom