Open Air Opera

SteveAdler

Mu-43 Top Veteran
The City of Valencia hosted free opera in the City of the Arts tonight. It was called El tutor burlat, by Martin i Soler, a kind of silly opera but the music was very nice and the evening was lovely. Not sure I got the best shots, but I so enjoyed the experience (we all wore masks).
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

jhawk1000

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Mel
Very nice shots. My wife was the photographer for our Grand Opera Company but their performances were inside the Concert Hall. To minimize sound of our cameras (yes, I helped) we either shot from the Mezzanine but found that the best for us and the audience was for us to shoot during the dress rehearsal the night before the first performance. We could move around without upsetting the concert-goers. The COVID has killed the performances but we did do one performance of the Pirates of Penzance before the problem became so prevalent. Outdoor always was one very early Opera or operetta at a upscale shopping center on the lake. One year it was excellent, the next year, we dodged rain but still did the performance. Unfortunately, this virus has decimated the Opera's budget which has led to a hiatus and a return to a smaller scale later.

SteveAdler

Mu-43 Top Veteran
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Very nice shots. My wife was the photographer for our Grand Opera Company but their performances were inside the Concert Hall. To minimize sound of our cameras (yes, I helped) we either shot from the Mezzanine but found that the best for us and the audience was for us to shoot during the dress rehearsal the night before the first performance. We could move around without upsetting the concert-goers. The COVID has killed the performances but we did do one performance of the Pirates of Penzance before the problem became so prevalent. Outdoor always was one very early Opera or operetta at a upscale shopping center on the lake. One year it was excellent, the next year, we dodged rain but still did the performance. Unfortunately, this virus has decimated the Opera's budget which has led to a hiatus and a return to a smaller scale later.
It was more of an Operetta. Silly and fun.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom