1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

OP/Tech Straps Question

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by dbrantley13, Aug 7, 2012.

1. dbrantley13

dbrantley13 Mu-43 Regular

May 17, 2012
    Hi all,

I currently use the OP/Tech SLR Wrist Strap with my OM-D. I'm very happy with it and want to order a neck strap from OP/Tech that also utilizes the quick disconnects. I've looked at the E-Z Comfort strap and really like it, but it doesn't use the quick disconnects.

Is there a way to "adapt" this strap for use with the quick disconnectors, or, is there another OP/Tech neck strap of similar size/price that does use the quick disconnect?

Thanks for your help.

2. rcky

rcky Mu-43 Regular

Apr 6, 2011
    Washington state
    • Like Like x 1
  3. RedNumber5

RedNumber5 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 13, 2010
    Antioch, CA
    I use the Classic Strap which has the quick disconnects. The link is for their discontinued/factory seconds straps which is 50% off of the regular price which puts it in the same price as the EZ Comfort strap regular price.

• Like Like x 1
  4. dbrantley13

May 17, 2012
    Thanks for the responses. I'm about 6' tall with fairly broad shoulders, do you think these straps are long enough to be comfortable? Also, Jerome, did you purchase the "factory defect' classic strap? If so, is its "defect" a nuisance?

5. RedNumber5

RedNumber5 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 13, 2010
    Antioch, CA
    I did get the factory defects strap and there was some waviness but nothing as shown on Op/Tech's web site. I bought 5 of them and after over one years use I can't see the waviness anymore really. As for whether these straps are long enough, I'm only 5' 1'' and with the strap around my neck, the camera is just above my waist. Now, the strap from the camera lug to the end of the quick disconnect is 12" with an additional 7 3/4" of strap I don't use. I hope this is enough information for you.

6. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    Do any of the standard size QD straps work without using the D-ring?

7. jnewell

jnewell Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 23, 2011
    Boston, MA
    I use the smaller bino/camera strap that uses the small QD fasteners. It's very well proportioned for my OM-D and GX1.

8. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Another option you might consider is the Utility Strap Sling. This lets the camera sit at my side near my waist, which I feel is a more comfortable position than a standard neck strap affords. Like you I am 6' tall and fairly broad and I've found the length of the sling comfortable when adjusted to it's maximum length (with a loop of around 53" if I recall when I measured it).

The thing I really appreciate about the OP/TECH system is that it's simple to switch straps. I've also got a wrist strap that I often use which attaches to the same quick release. Somewhere I have a neck strap as well, but I've never attached it to my camera as the sling strap and wrist strap really provide everything I need.

9. byron2112

byron2112 Mu-43 Regular

May 22, 2011
    Op-Tech also sells extensions that work with their quick disconnect equipped products if you need more length... I use these myself on the sling.

10. michaeln

michaeln Guest

I have the same setup and am pretty happy with it. I also have one of their "Pro" straps with the loops and QDs, but it's really overkill for a u43 camera. The piece that goes behind my neck is too stiff for so little weight. It worked well for DSLRs, but not for these little cameras.

11. dbrantley13

May 17, 2012
    Thank you everyone for your help. I decided to order the Super Classic Strap with Uni Loop to go with my wrist strap. Here's to hoping it fits and if it doesn't, I'll have to consider those extensions. :thumbup: