Op/Tech mini QD loops with EPL2 strap?

peter124

Mu-43 Veteran
I'd like to have some sort of quick disconnect strap for my EPL2. The Op/Tech mini QD loops look ideal for the purpose .... except it's not clear to me that the slot is wide enough for the standard strap that comes with the camera. This strap is about 7/16" wide.

Has anyone used these mini QD loops with a strap of this size?

Or, for that matter, is there a better way to get what I want?

ptolemyx

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Ben
I haven't used the Op/Tech, but I did get the Peak Design Leash neck strap a few weeks back, and I love it. The quick connects are quite a bit smaller than any other strap I've found (including the mini QD, from what I can see).

They also have "Cuff", which is a wrist strap that uses the same connectors. Get both! :)

https://peakdesignltd.com/leash-cuff/

Swandy

Mu-43 Veteran
I'd like to have some sort of quick disconnect strap for my EPL2. The Op/Tech mini QD loops look ideal for the purpose .... except it's not clear to me that the slot is wide enough for the standard strap that comes with the camera. This strap is about 7/16" wide.

Has anyone used these mini QD loops with a strap of this size?

Or, for that matter, is there a better way to get what I want?

What "slot"? I have that strap, but it is meant to use the small loop at the end to go through the connector on the side of the camera and not use the strap that came with the camera. It worked fine when I used the smaller Pens - even up to the EP3 - but I did not like the way the camera felt hanging down vertically with it.
Optech does make a strap that replaced the neck strap that Olympus uses but uses two quick connect connections but it holds the camera horizontal.
OP/TECH USA Bin/Op Strap - QD
I have this and while I do wish it was a bit longer, it works fine -even with a heavier body like the EP5 line and a larger lens.

RT_Panther

Mu-43 Legend
If it means anything, (which it probably won't) I use Optech Pro Loop Wrist & neck straps on all bodies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom