1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

OnOne Perfect Perfect Photo Suite 7 Out Today.

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by Zariell, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Zariell

Zariell Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 28, 2012
    Bountiful, UT
    OnOnes new photo suite 7 was released today.

I would say its worth a demo to see if you like the results, version 6 was probably my most goto plugins for Photoshop and Lightroom.

I have to say I do like the new versions interface, they have gone with a "lightroom-ish" interface, and they have combined some things to make it a bit more user friendly.

2. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Sep 5, 2011
    I"ve got 6.0, and have barely touched it. I guess I need to spend some time figuring out what it can really do.

3. Zariell

Sep 28, 2012
    Bountiful, UT
    Seven has less of a learning curve than six, but it can do some amazing things. I truly miss the days of well documented instruction manuals sometimes. :) 

4. newbert

newbert Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 22, 2012
    Glens Falls, NY
    I've got Version 6 and use it a bit (preferring Nik's plug-ins overall), but saw no compelling reason to upgrade, based on the info I read on OnOne's site. I also didn't like that they removed one of Version 6's modules (was it PhotoFrame?) from Version 7. I saw a new interface in Version 7, but not much else.

But, I could be wrong and maybe I'm missing something. <shrug> I shoot almost exclusively Outdoor/Landscapes FWIW.

5. macalterego

macalterego Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 10, 2012
    Lawrence, KS
    Jeffrey McPheeters
    I use OnOne's Portrait, Effects and Layers plugged in to Aperture 3 for 5-10% of my work, but find I do about 70% of my plugin work with TopazLabs and the rest mainly in Nik pluglins. So I don't think it's cost effective for me, personally, but I do recommend OnOne's suite as a decent value. I like Topaz labs' lifetime upgrade policy and their DeNoise and ReMask plugins are hard to beat. Plus they now have a standalone integrated tool called PhotoFXLab that brings all their plugins under one 'roof', even when using as plugins.

6. Zariell

Sep 28, 2012
    Bountiful, UT
    Only had a bit to play with the software, but the B&W Plugin is excellent, and their Portrait plugin is far improved, it is far easier to get what you want, they put a wireframe around the eyes/mouth now so instead of painting you can just reshape the frame.

7. zpuskas

zpuskas Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 25, 2011
    Santa Barbara, CA
    I saw a video about their B&W and it looks very nice. I have SilverEfex so I'm not sure I want to spend $100 for another B&W program, though I'll probably give it a try.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.