OnOne Perfect Perfect Photo Suite 7 Out Today.

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by Zariell, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Zariell

Zariell Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 28, 2012
    Bountiful, UT
    OnOnes new photo suite 7 was released today.

I would say its worth a demo to see if you like the results, version 6 was probably my most goto plugins for Photoshop and Lightroom.

I have to say I do like the new versions interface, they have gone with a "lightroom-ish" interface, and they have combined some things to make it a bit more user friendly.
  2. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    I"ve got 6.0, and have barely touched it. I guess I need to spend some time figuring out what it can really do.
  3. Zariell

Sep 28, 2012
    Bountiful, UT
    Seven has less of a learning curve than six, but it can do some amazing things. I truly miss the days of well documented instruction manuals sometimes. :)
  4. newbert

newbert Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 22, 2012
    Glens Falls, NY
    I've got Version 6 and use it a bit (preferring Nik's plug-ins overall), but saw no compelling reason to upgrade, based on the info I read on OnOne's site. I also didn't like that they removed one of Version 6's modules (was it PhotoFrame?) from Version 7. I saw a new interface in Version 7, but not much else.

But, I could be wrong and maybe I'm missing something. <shrug> I shoot almost exclusively Outdoor/Landscapes FWIW.
  5. macalterego

macalterego Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 10, 2012
    Lawrence, KS
    Jeffrey McPheeters
    I use OnOne's Portrait, Effects and Layers plugged in to Aperture 3 for 5-10% of my work, but find I do about 70% of my plugin work with TopazLabs and the rest mainly in Nik pluglins. So I don't think it's cost effective for me, personally, but I do recommend OnOne's suite as a decent value. I like Topaz labs' lifetime upgrade policy and their DeNoise and ReMask plugins are hard to beat. Plus they now have a standalone integrated tool called PhotoFXLab that brings all their plugins under one 'roof', even when using as plugins.
  6. Zariell

Sep 28, 2012
    Bountiful, UT
    Only had a bit to play with the software, but the B&W Plugin is excellent, and their Portrait plugin is far improved, it is far easier to get what you want, they put a wireframe around the eyes/mouth now so instead of painting you can just reshape the frame.
  7. zpuskas

zpuskas Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 25, 2011
    Santa Barbara, CA
    I saw a video about their B&W and it looks very nice. I have SilverEfex so I'm not sure I want to spend $100 for another B&W program, though I'll probably give it a try.
    • Like Like x 1