Online services for b & w?

Discussion in 'Printing' started by fsuscotphoto, Oct 27, 2015.

1. fsuscotphoto

fsuscotphoto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 15, 2013
    St. Cloud, FL
    Ron
    Do any of the online providers do a good job with b&w prints, something you could hang on the wall?

2. Phocal

Phocal Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 3, 2014
  3. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler Subscribing Member

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    I printed a macro shot of a silver dollar, in B&W, at Costco and it came out pretty well.
    If you pick it up in-store, you don't have to buy it if it doesn't come out well.

Or do you want something fancier, such as printing on metal?

Barry

4. fsuscotphoto

Feb 15, 2013
    St. Cloud, FL
    Ron
    No, nothing fancy, I just want some colder tone prints.

5. fsuscotphoto

Feb 15, 2013
    St. Cloud, FL
    Ron
  6. Phocal

Phocal Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 3, 2014
    Mpix Pro you suppose to be a professional photographer to use their service, but it's fairly easy to get an account with them. You can use their Mpix service but it is actually a bit more expensive and does not offer all the same printing services.

http://www.mpix.com

http://www.mpixpro.com

7. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    Adoramapix is good and have frequent sales on 16x20 for $5.99, 14x11 $1.99 8x10 $.99...they have a nice choice of papers too. Mpix is good as well.

8. derelict

derelict Mu-43 Regular

May 5, 2015
    Snapfish is what I use. They are linked with Flickr so it is a one step thing.

You could also save and then go to a local print/ photo shop. They can easily print something up for you.

9. fsuscotphoto

Feb 15, 2013
    St. Cloud, FL
    Ron
    LOL!! WHAT local shop? My closest photo store is well over 30 miles from me. Now of days I can pay for the print with what I pay for gas and tolls.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    also, consider canvas prints. Don't have to frame them, easy to hang and look great. I've used Simplycavas with good results (must use a good coupon...everyday pricing is high). I've been meaning to try GProprints. Their prices are good and reviews are good. Like $28 for 16x20.

11. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Adorama has reasonable pricing and lots of paper options. I don't think you'd be disappointed.

The consumer level services (snapfish, shutterfly, etc) are good for batches of small prints, but I don't think they do "pro" stuff well.

I have an account with WHCC that I use, but it is like Mpix and I had to open a "pro" account. My wife did the account back when we shot a wedding as a favor and I've just kept using it for personal prints ever since.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. derelict

derelict Mu-43 Regular

May 5, 2015
    Well, that sucks. There are numerous printing services around me. I doubt that there is not one in your town as well. One of the ones also develops my film :bowdown: