1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Online purchase vent

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by laser8, Mar 8, 2016.

1. laser8

laser8 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 29, 2013
    Mare nostrum, Istria
    Bought a hld-8 grip on an eBay auction from a very reputable seller, olympus market. Today the package arrived and what I found in it? Just the horizontal grip. Went to check the listing, and as I remembered, it was for the full set. I sent an email to the seller and am waiting for a reply, but had to vent somewhere! Man am I nervous right now...

2. AG_Alex2097

AG_Alex2097 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 18, 2015
    Alex S.
    Ebay has a policy that allows you to return the item if it is not as described (which refunds the full payment, including shipping), but you will have to return the item, that shipping cost is on you unfortunately, so might be better to communicate with the seller to send the remaining parts, screengrab the listing though, in case the seller is being difficult, in which case you can go through paypal for a refund (using the screengrab as proof)

• Like Like x 1
  3. budeny

budeny Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 4, 2014
    Boulder, CO
    If item is not as described then eBay refunds everything, including return shipping - just follow the process and open the claim.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. AG_Alex2097

AG_Alex2097 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 18, 2015
    Alex S.
    It seems they do indeed refund return shipping if it's not as described, my mistake, didn't know that one
    You don't need to go through Paypal either it seems, apparently eBay takes care of it, regardless if the seller refuses

• Like Like x 1
  5. laser8

laser8 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 29, 2013
    Mare nostrum, Istria
    Yes I know about the return policy , but I'm still hoping the seller will be fair and send the missing bit. Btw it handles big lenses better with the grip!