online printers- which to use MPIX Adorama ???

Discussion in 'Printing' started by gardengirl13, Jul 11, 2013.

1. gardengirl13

gardengirl13 Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 26, 2012
    US
    So I have a few photos I'd like to have made into cards, books and calendars. I've done cards in the past at places like shutterfly and snapfish but I really can't stand their logos all over everything! I also had shutterfly print an image for me and their software messed it up and made it darker then I had done it in photoshop. You can't get rid of their logos or change how they print unless you upgrade to a pro acct which I will not do. For just family stuff snapfish does a good job with the calendars I do for christmas presents, but again it has their logos all over them and even ads which kind of pisses me off. ha ha!!

So I googled it and can't seem to get clear answers. Do places like MPIX and Adorama and other places print their logos all over their stuff?

I've tried just printing the images and putting them on nice watercolor paper with envelopes, but I'd rather have it printed since some of the images won't look right glued onto paper.

2. gnb40

gnb40 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 9, 2011
    Maryland
    Gary
    I've used Mpix extensively for prints. no logos there but can't speak for their other products. You might try emailing their support... they answered all of my questions about profiles before I ever ordered anything from them. Quality is superb. I really like their metallic paper for some B&W images. They also will send you a print and the file it was made with (for about $4.00 shipping) so you can compare your monitor to their prints. Not really color management but helped reassure me I was in the ballpark before ordering my first print (which was a 30 x 40). Hope this helps some.

3. gardengirl13

Jun 26, 2012
    US
    Thanks for that info!!! I'll e-mail them about logos.

I was going to see about going with mypublisher but shutterfly just bought them out so I assume they'll have logos.

4. gardengirl13

Jun 26, 2012
    US
    wow that was fast! They got back to me and said no logos on anything! Great! Thanks so much for the help!!

5. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    I've had good success with adoramapix, for prints, calendars and books. IIRC, they give the option of with or without logo. Different level of quality from Shutterfly.

6. HelenOster

HelenOster Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 1, 2010
    New York, NY
    No, Adorama doesn't print the logo on anything - tho' there is an option to allow the logo on the back page of a photobook and take a $2 discount!

I hope the difference is, that AdoramaPix is better??!! :wink:

7. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    Definitely. :thumbup:

8. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    I have used Adoramapix and MPIX, as well as Miller's (parent company of MPIX), White House Custom Color, Bay Photo and Modern Postcard (and their subsidiary Simplecard). All of these labs offer high quality products and reasonably good customer service. Simplecard is great, and very affordable, if you need postcards or greeting cards in small vloume. Modern can print more products, but their minimum order is usually 250. White House has a nice product line, and I might have a discount code if you are interested. Most of these companies use ROES software, or they expect that you have a program like Photoshop to layout your design. Hope this helps.

--Ken

9. gardengirl13

Jun 26, 2012
    US
    Thanks everyone!! And Helen as usual you are wonderfully helpful! thanks!! I'll look around and get some prints from a few places to see who I'll end up with. Adorama is close to me so I may stick with them if even for convenience!

10. ccplady

ccplady Mu-43 Regular

May 15, 2012
    Orlando. FL
    Amy
    I've used MPix several times for large prints on canvas. They turned out fantastic and their turn around time on each order was very fast.

11. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    If you do choose to use Adoramapix, give some consideration to their lay-flat books. They cost a bit more, but a double page spread makes quite an impact.

--Ken