1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

One year with the Panasonic GH3

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by ripleys baby, May 8, 2015.

1. ripleys baby

ripleys baby Straw clutcher

Aug 10, 2011
    One year ago, give or take a couple of days, I bought a GH3 + 12-35 f2.8. It came with a free 25mm f1.4, battery grip, (with extra battery) and a small Billingham bag. I Didn't set out to buy it. I bought it because it was to good a deal to pass up.

I sold the 25mm almost right away to part fund the 35-100 f2.8

Now the report. The camera and lenses have performed faultlessly. Nothing has gone wrong, nothing has broken. Never sensor dust show up on any image. The thing seems to focus even in next to no light (brilliant) Never had the af assist light on either. The battery life is outstanding The EVF is clearly not the best but its good enough for me. It's been rained on snowed on and spend windy afternoons by the sea and on the beach. And coming up to 20k on the clock the finish is still as good as new.

I am well impressed with my purchase. I have been looking around at perhaps a Fuji or apsc SLR kit, maybe even full frame, but every time I pick up the GH3 I think why even bother to change.

The Panasonic GH3. A great bit of kit .

• Like Like x 3
  2. BillW

BillW Mu-43 Regular

Oct 22, 2012
    Scranton, PA
    i always look but keep coming back to my GH3/G5's. i recently checked out a Sony a6000 and while I'm sure it's a great camera and I don't want to start any debates, I'm more than happy with my Panasonics and how they perform in professional situations. i went from a full frame Canon 5d to m43 and never looked back.

3. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sony has absolutely nothing like the f2.8 zooms for m4/3. So it would be a painful switch if you are used to those.