1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

One touch WB on OMD

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by daveinamblerpa, Jun 8, 2012.

1. daveinamblerpa

daveinamblerpa Mu-43 Regular

Is anyone else having trouble getting a one touch wb ? Maybe I'm doing it wrong? I navigate to wb on the scp press ok,press the info button, point camera at white sheet. The shutter clicks,but no matter what the white balance is no good.:confused: Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Dave

2. Sammyboy

Sammyboy m43 Pro

Oct 26, 2010
    Steeler Country
    No problem here Dave, it works perfect, and I use it quite often.

3. daveinamblerpa

I got it to work!

For some reason it works when I go to one touch wb 2. Wonder why?
    Dave

4. daveinamblerpa

And now....

It works on one touch wb1 too. Go figure!

Dave

5. M4/3

M4/3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 24, 2011
    I've had the same experience. However, I've been finding the E-M5's white balance and colors generally look good and accurate in outdoor shooting with the white balance set to 5300K or AWB and I use Vivid picture mode with the contrast set to -1, sharpness to +1, Saturation to -1 and Gradation set to normal. So I don't feel like I need to bother doing a one touch WB.

In a scene with alot of greenery I tend to use AWB to make the colors a smidgen warmer and in a scene with alot of tan grass I use 5300 kelvin to make the colors a smidgen cooler.

6. daveinamblerpa

Thanks for the feedback

M4/3:
    Glad to know nothing is wrong with the camera. Still wonder why it wouldn't get a wb at first with one touch wb1. I'll experiment with your settings outdoors. The lighting I was dealing with was a mixture of tungsten and florescent. The one touch when I finally got it to work did do a better job than the auto setting.
    Best,
    Dave

7. Pyro451

Pyro451 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 18, 2012
    Massachusetts, USA
    Steve
    Works for me on both WB1 and WB2. If I have the time, I use the one-touch WB with a Photovision target. When I am in a hurry or the lighting is changing the AWB does a decent job. I can definitely tell the difference though.