One touch WB on OMD

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by daveinamblerpa, Jun 8, 2012.

1. daveinamblerpa

daveinamblerpa Mu-43 Regular

Is anyone else having trouble getting a one touch wb ? Maybe I'm doing it wrong? I navigate to wb on the scp press ok,press the info button, point camera at white sheet. The shutter clicks,but no matter what the white balance is no good.:confused: Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Dave

2. Sammyboy

Sammyboy m43 Pro

Oct 26, 2010
    Steeler Country
    No problem here Dave, it works perfect, and I use it quite often.

3. daveinamblerpa

I got it to work!

For some reason it works when I go to one touch wb 2. Wonder why?
    Dave

4. daveinamblerpa

And now....

It works on one touch wb1 too. Go figure!

Dave

5. M4/3

M4/3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 24, 2011
    I've had the same experience. However, I've been finding the E-M5's white balance and colors generally look good and accurate in outdoor shooting with the white balance set to 5300K or AWB and I use Vivid picture mode with the contrast set to -1, sharpness to +1, Saturation to -1 and Gradation set to normal. So I don't feel like I need to bother doing a one touch WB.

In a scene with alot of greenery I tend to use AWB to make the colors a smidgen warmer and in a scene with alot of tan grass I use 5300 kelvin to make the colors a smidgen cooler.

6. daveinamblerpa

Thanks for the feedback

M4/3:
    Glad to know nothing is wrong with the camera. Still wonder why it wouldn't get a wb at first with one touch wb1. I'll experiment with your settings outdoors. The lighting I was dealing with was a mixture of tungsten and florescent. The one touch when I finally got it to work did do a better job than the auto setting.
    Best,
    Dave

7. Pyro451

Pyro451 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 18, 2012
    Massachusetts, USA
    Steve
    Works for me on both WB1 and WB2. If I have the time, I use the one-touch WB with a Photovision target. When I am in a hurry or the lighting is changing the AWB does a decent job. I can definitely tell the difference though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.