1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

One of the Million reasons to love Oregon

Discussion in 'Nature' started by tdekany, Aug 14, 2012.

1. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    • Like Like x 10
  2. f6cvalkyrie

f6cvalkyrie Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 12, 2010
    Brussels, Belgium
    Lovely !
    Rafael

3. Uncle Frank

Uncle Frank Photo Enthusiast

Jul 26, 2012
    San Jose, CA
    Frank
    Wonderful, lush berries. Were they tasty?

4. btango05

btango05 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 8, 2012
    Lathrop CA
    Look at the size of those berries!

5. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    Thank you guys! They are sweet as honey. I have been eating organic produce for 30 years and never tasted anything like these. I believe there are 4 or 5 varieties of blueberries that they grow. I wish everyone could taste these. It is amazing what wonderful flavors nature is able to produce. Yummy!

The funny thing is, that these are only grown for family and friends. We are neither, but we convinced the husband 3 years ago when we first found the farm, that we should be allowed to pick. They are big into selling bee pollen. Also they offer a good amount of veggies that you can purchase in general. All organic.

On the way to this farm, we actually saw another sign for you pick blueberries that we have never seen/noticed and drove by the place to check it out. It was around 7pm and the gate was closed but we will be calling today for the hours. This one is also organic.

P8130208 by savingspaces33, on Flickr

6. danska

danska Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2012
    Portland, OR
    Joe
    Those look really tasty! Where abouts is the farm?

7. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    Beavercreek - you can google the name on the truck, they have a website

8. michaeln

michaeln Guest

I love all kinds of berries. They had supposedly organic Oregon-grown bbs at Whole Paycheck when I was in there last week, I ate about 2lbs of them. :smile:

9. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    Cool! Did you like them?

That is very funny and so true!:rofl:

10. Pap

Pap Mu-43 Regular

Jun 16, 2010
    Fleetwood, PA
    The berries look delicious! Well presented.
    I might have eliminated the hand and the ring on that first shot which I find distracting.
    Pap

11. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    Pap, thank you for kind reply.

Looking at that picture, I agree with you, but these shots were taken for "us" to remember by so composition etc.. wasn't on my mind. (Plus those hands are my wife's and they mean more to me than any organic blueberry. :biggrin:)

But I got so excited last night looking at these pictures, that I decided to post them. :smile:

12. michaeln

michaeln Guest

Yes, they were great. Normally blueberries around here suck. Mushy, moldy, etc... these were, to a berry, plump and juicy, no bad ones, and many of the more tart ones that I love.

BTW, I enjoyed your photos too!

13. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    Today was the last day to pick them. I had to work, but my wife went back to get more. Too many bees were around and only ended picking abount a bowlful. They didn't charge her for it.:2thumbs::biggrin: