one from the beach

demiro

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Ocean City NJ a bit after sunrise

E-M5 + 45/1.8

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

C&C always welcome.

robin3mj

Mu-43 Regular
Nice shot.
I'm headed to the Lavallette area for the next week and hoping to grab some good sunrise shots.

F/Stop

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Brian Y.
nice, i think i would have used the boat as an "anchor point" in the frame and shot at an angle towards the ocean and sunset. maybe focus on the writing on the boat, but with the 45 im not sure how close you could have gotten to the boat without losing the background..

demiro

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
nice, i think i would have used the boat as an "anchor point" in the frame and shot at an angle towards the ocean and sunset. maybe focus on the writing on the boat, but with the 45 im not sure how close you could have gotten to the boat without losing the background..
Thanks, that's an interesting comment. When I first cropped the photo I had the same thought (about more ocean). But ultimately I really like the way the lifeguard chairs just sort of meander in the background as you look down the beach. I almost wish the boat wasn't even in the shot.

Here it is cropped with more ocean:

demiro

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Here's another one from that morning. Trying to juxtapose the beautiful sunrise against the refuse containers on the beach and the somewhat garish boardwalk attractions. Didn't really work. Had to do too much PP to get the sunrise colors to come up (contrast; tone; saturation).

Toddster

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Todd Cleaver
I have to say I think that you got it in the first crop. The lifeguard chairs just seem to make the beach stretch out for an infinity. I'm glad to here that the beauty in this was not the result of heavy PP. I generally don't do much so images like this inspire me!
Todd

demiro

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I have to say I think that you got it in the first crop. The lifeguard chairs just seem to make the beach stretch out for an infinity. I'm glad to here that the beauty in this was not the result of heavy PP. I generally don't do much so images like this inspire me!
Todd
Thanks again Todd. In this case the final output really matches what I saw, which always makes me happy.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom