One Foot in Pentaxland, and My Other...Here!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by gnaztee, Sep 13, 2011.

1. gnaztee

gnaztee New to Mu-43

Sep 13, 2011
    Hello All,

Not usually one for introductions, but thought I'd put myself on record in some way! I have been shooting Pentax for a few years, mainly because of the Limiteds (I have a 4-lens kit for travel of 15/21/43/70). However, for some situations, it still wasn't small enough. So I'm now a proud owner of an Oly E-P2 and 17mm lens. My Panny 20mm is on the way, mainly because my primary use for the E-P2 is social situations when I don't want to haul the K-7 into a restaurant or somewhere similar. I actually think the 17mm is nice, but for a one-lens camera I really desire the speed.

Mainly, I'll be using the Pentax for my landscape and portrait photography, and in tandem with the Oly for travel and street photography. The Oly will be for all other spur-of-the moment photography...I find the E-P2 awesome to use.

Here are a couple links to my photography:

Todd Naskedov Photography
    PENTAX Photo Gallery: Artist Bio - Todd Naskedov

It's nice to be here! :2thumbs:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Welcome aboard Todd! I'm a Pentax user as well and love the IQ of the K5. However, it's just not as convenient to lug a K5 around vs. an EP2. You certainly have a nice collection of Ltd lenses there! I'm still lusting after a DA70, but given my limited use of the K5, it's hard to justify about more lenses for it.

Look forward to seeing your photos posted here! FYI, if you want to also mingle with more Pentax users, you can visit, which is a sister site of MU-43's. There is at least half a dozen people that are regulars in that use both a Pentax DSLR and mirrorless cameras as well.
  3. bluebubbleboy

bluebubbleboy Mu-43 Regular

Aug 12, 2011
    Welcome Todd! I recently left the Pentax line (sadly I might add). I was looking for something more compact and did better with video, but I loved my Pentax gear. Unfortunately I can't afford having two systems. I did hang on to an SMC M 50 1.7 though, so I still have a toe in the Pentax line. :)

You're photos look awesome btw. Looking forward to seeing more.
  4. robertmwilliams

robertmwilliams Mu-43 Regular

I too was a long time Pentaxian.
    However the K-r focus issue has pretty much killed that.
    Although you will never get my K20 from me, even if it does sit on the shelf since I got the E-PL2.