One camera w/1 lens belt bag recommendation?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by WT21, Aug 7, 2012.

1. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Sometimes I go hiking, and I want to travel w/1 body with lens attached. Let's so no bigger than the 12-35 or something like that.

Anyone have any recommendations? I already have a Domke 5xb, so no need for messenger or sling bags. I mean literally something on a belt, so I can hold my dog's lead until we get to a free-roam area. It's just to keep my hands free while I walk.

Thanks for any suggestions!
  2. Segiy

Segiy New to Mu-43

May 19, 2012
    I use an older model lowepro Sliplock bag that I currently use when I go hiking, can fit to hiking pack belt strap or my actual belt, I have been tempted to get one of the think tank Digital holsters
  3. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
  4. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    You can put a Domke F-5XA on your belt, though it does come with a gripper strap too. IIRC, it's 2 inches narrower than the F-5XB and will fit one body with lens attached. There's one divider you can re/move. What I don't like about this bag are the two tiny pockets on the outside under the flap. They're not large enough for much of anything, and I'm not sure how secure anything small would be in those pockets. I prefer the style of front pocket on the F-5XB.... But unlike the "B," the "A" is lined on all four inside walls. :smile:
  5. humzai

humzai Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 17, 2012
    You could use a boda v3 jr. With the waist strap. It's comfortable even fully loaded and is pretty versatile. You could also get a waist strap for your 5xb.
  6. peter124

peter124 Mu-43 Regular

Another option is the 151EP holster, made by "Ripoff Holsters". (A strange choice of brand name; I suppose I'm missing a joke?!)

It's available either with a belt loop or with a belt clip. My EPL2 plus 14-42 kit lens fits snugly; there'e even room for the VF2, although not when it's mounted to the camera.

I do find it a bit uncomfortable, dragging down on my belt, and now just carry the camera on its strap, slung over my shoulder. That way I can leave the VF2 permanently attached.