1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

One button sleep mode E-P3

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by j4hug, Dec 27, 2011.

1. j4hug

j4hug Mu-43 Regular

Dec 23, 2011
    London
    It's just a thought. I would really like a way of putting the camera to sleep rather than waiting for it to sleep when walking around. I'm sure it would be an easy software / firmware modification. At the moment I switch to review as then it's not in live view all the time switching off is another option but then startup probably uses more battery than a sleep mode, plus the startup time is annoying.... Second issue is there a way is setting sensor cleaning to switch off as on four thirds cameras?
    Sorry if these are issues already raised ... If they are perhaps Olympus will hear!

2. You can assign a button to turn the rear screen on and off which will save power even though it is not a true sleep mode. I actually wish that the Olys had a on/off switch rather than a button so that you can leave the switch in the on position and "wake" them up by simply half pressing the shutter button just like on the Panasonics (and just about every DSLR that I know of).

• Like Like x 2
  3. elpanda

elpanda Mu-43 Regular

Feb 22, 2011
    HK
    Jacques
    Oh cool, I was wondering how I could save some battery life while doing time lapses!
    I thought the button to turn off the display was on the EVF only :-D

4. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    I've setup MySET4 as my time-lapse myset where among other things, I have Rec button set as "Display" on/off

5. elpanda

elpanda Mu-43 Regular

Feb 22, 2011
    HK
    Jacques
    You think you start knowing your camera pretty well, and then you discover loads of new useful features, I actually never looked into the MySETs before :-d