1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

One adapter to rule them all - universal lens adapter

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by JohnMetsn, Jun 6, 2011.

1. JohnMetsn

JohnMetsn Mu-43 Veteran

Adapter Anylens

Anybody here tried this crazy looking adapter? Looks like a nice universal tool to use while you're waiting for your real adapter or trying to adapt some not standard lens. For more information about it click here.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    Looks like some contraception that is placed on Frankenstein's head! :)

3. Yes, I believe that contraption is used for brain surgery.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JohnMetsn

JohnMetsn Mu-43 Veteran

I'm happy that you placed it on his head :wink:

Anyway I like the fact that it's made of steel and that you can adjust focal distance by very small steps. If I'm right, this could be great for those, who are trying to adapt lens from a fixed lens camera...or is it too far from the sensor for that?

5. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    One adapter to rule them all...designed by Tolkien?!?
    Would be useful if you want one adapter for most of your legacy glass, and have the time to tweak for each time you change configuration.

6. I nominate NOT to be the one to return this to Mordor.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Lauzers

Lauzers Mu-43 Regular

Jan 6, 2011
    hhmm great idea. For all the adaptors i've been paying, i can get one of this.

i wonder if it works...

8. JohnMetsn

JohnMetsn Mu-43 Veteran

Vitaliy on his blog said he's using one...so I guess it works :smile: And Frodo likes it as well...

• Like Like x 1
  9. ddegomez

ddegomez Mu-43 Regular

Apr 7, 2011
    I took a look at the web site. They have some thing called a dandelion. Looks like the contacts cut out the back of a 3/4 lens. Doesn't say what it's for but it costs 17 euros. Tell me, do I need a dandelion?

10. JohnMetsn

JohnMetsn Mu-43 Veteran

I think that's for 4/3, not :43:.

11. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Who's Frankenstein?

12. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    I don't wonder at all....

13. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Icon,

Are you kidding?

ps. you are now one Avatar away from the MU-43 all time record...

14. FastCorner

FastCorner Mu-43 Veteran

May 28, 2011
    Definitely for temporary use. I can't imagine using that anywhere except for lens experiments.

15. jiroumi

jiroumi Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 12, 2011
    frankenstein is often erroneously known as the the monster that Dr. Frankenstein created :)

16. Pan Korop

Pan Korop Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 31, 2011
    Phare Ouest
    Dandelion/Одуванчик is a series of AF confirm programmable chips for some legacy lenses (F, OM...) to 4/3 and modern Nikons. They've been around for a few years and are made by a Russian engineer. He seems to have an m4/3 version out.
    I'm placing an order right now before take his holidays. The cementing of the chip seems to require a bit of micro-mechanics skills (and a Dremel!). I guess I won't start with an expensive adapter...
    The micro version can't possibly give AF-confirm to CDAF, but max. aperture, focal length could be a real bonus : no need to reprogram the E-P's stabilizer, correct informations direct embed in the files... I'll let you know of my progress, or failure :biggrin:

Btw, I wonder what stopped CV to chip their 25/0.95 -- they do it for their Nikon F primes, as does Samyang...

17. John M Flores

John M Flores Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 7, 2011
    Somerville, NJ
    The engineer in me is strangely attracted to this elegantly simple contraption.

18. Pan Korop

Pan Korop Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 31, 2011
    Phare Ouest
    According to Melvin Kaminsky, you're right, Igor! And you're supposed to pronounce it Fron-Ken-Steen!

Now according to non-Brooklynites, Frankenstein is erroneously quoted to be the author of a monster, when it was Mary Shelley :biggrin:

19. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    Years ago I stumbled upon the Russian 4/3rds site. Lots of great adapters and an ongoing project.
    Also ... beautiful girls seem to be the test-subjects. :)

20. phigmov

phigmov Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 4, 2010
    Contraption ;-)