On1 Software releases Photo 10

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by mcasan, Oct 29, 2015.

1. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta
    On 1 Software just released their Photo 10 package. They changed the name from the previous Perfect Photos Suite. The UI is much better. The B&W module was integrated into Effect so you can use other filters on the B&W images. Resize is now part of the export routine were can resize, do canvas wrap...etc. It works as a plugin set for LR or PS. I think it will also still work as a plugin for the diehard Aperture users. It also works in standalone.

https://www.on1.com

2. YantaYo

YantaYo Mu-43 Regular

Apr 18, 2012
    Colorado
    One1 Photo 10 seems real sluggish on my 2013, 16GB mac mini :bump:

3. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    It is taking me some time to get used to the location of all the tools and there are some b&w presets that I can no longer find. No matter, as I will just rebuild them myself.

I've noticed a performance increase in start up and export, but it is sluggish compared to 9.5 when it comes to rendering previews on the full size image. Nothing that kills it for me just something. I need to look into and see if there is a tweak that can be done.

4. MichaelSewell

MichaelSewell Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 1, 2015
    Burnley, UK
    Michael A. Sewell
    I'm pretty sure in one (or two) of their promo videos for v10, they mentioned the changes to various presets, and those that had been removed would be available as a download for you to add back in.
    Not entirely sure as to which videos mentioned it, but it would be worth dropping a line to support.

5. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    Thanks for that heads up. I'll definitely look for those videos. I've yet to go through them all just yet.

6. MichaelSewell

Sep 1, 2015
    Burnley, UK
    Michael A. Sewell
  7. fsuscotphoto

fsuscotphoto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 15, 2013
    St. Cloud, FL
    Ron
    Does this software have it's own RAW converter?

8. MichaelSewell

Sep 1, 2015
    Burnley, UK
    Michael A. Sewell
  9. fsuscotphoto

fsuscotphoto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 15, 2013
    St. Cloud, FL
    Ron
    I'm assuming that that list is for Windows, and the "go to this page" is for Apple. They don't make it very clear. If I'm right though the only thing missing for me is my Oly Air.

10. MichaelSewell

Sep 1, 2015
    Burnley, UK
    Michael A. Sewell
    Unfortunately, the comprehensive list of supported raw formats/cameras is applicable to Apple, as the raw support is within the operating system itself. (Microsoft, please take note!).