On1 Photo Raw 2020

mcasan

Mu-43 All-Pro
On1 has started hawking the release of PR 2020 in October. Pro members and the general public can evidently do a beta in September. The one new feature that caught my eye was supporting custom camera profiles. For me that has been a huge reason to stick with Lr and ACR. Your milage may vary.

https://www.on1.com/products/2020-preview/

mcasan

Mu-43 All-Pro
I would guess the beta will be out by early 17th since they have a webinar booked that day on masking and it is using the new PR 2020 logo instead of the PR 2019 logo.

mcasan

Mu-43 All-Pro
The beta should be out today. There will be a launch webinar at 10AM Pacific. I think it will also be broadcast live via their Youtube channel.

mcasan

Mu-43 All-Pro
ON1 today released the public beta of Photo Raw 2020. Several new or improved items I like:
  1. faster performance
  2. focus mask
  3. sun flare and star burst filter
  4. custom camera profiles
  5. print module
Official release will be in October. They are building a video editor and a version of Photo Raw for IOS and Android for Q1 2021.

https://www.on1.com/photo-raw-2020-beta/

stagor

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Stan
I have just down loaded and installed On1 2020 beta. I have been trying all the new stuff.
So far so good, no glitches, here my first photo with the new version,
A simple BW conversion from the RAW file, with a lot of local burn and dodging applied.

On1 2020 Capture.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

stagor

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Stan
Word of warning to anyone else thinking of trying the new On1 2020. beta.
If like me you have win10 and more than one graphics card installed, you have to manually set your GPU control panel for On1 2020 to use your faster GPU.
It's quite simple to do, and the instructions can be found at the On1 website.

mcasan

Mu-43 All-Pro
On1 has their website down right now for maintenance. I image they are getting ready for the public release of Photo Raw 2020. Could be an interesting week.

Dogbert62

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Patrick
All,

I haven’t had time to put my 2019 version through it’s paces so I would be interested in a few thoughts from the power users..
1) how has the noise reduction engine progressed through the versions.. there seemed to be a lot of issues with the earlier versions.. I did a quick A-B test between PR2019.5 and LR6 and it seemed much better than an earlier version of PR.. are therfurther improvements on the 2020 version?
2) is the print module in the beta? Is it a big step up from the 2019 methodology?

Dogbert62

mcasan

Mu-43 All-Pro
All,

I haven’t had time to put my 2019 version through it’s paces so I would be interested in a few thoughts from the power users..
1) how has the noise reduction engine progressed through the versions.. there seemed to be a lot of issues with the earlier versions.. I did a quick A-B test between PR2019.5 and LR6 and it seemed much better than an earlier version of PR.. are therfurther improvements on the 2020 version?
2) is the print module in the beta? Is it a big step up from the 2019 methodology?

Dogbert62

Print module is in the beta. Beta is now Beta 2. Don't know if they will do a Beta 3 or wait to do official release. You can always download the beta and check it out.

Attachments

agentlossing

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Andrew Lossing
Interested as ever, but I need to see good processing of fine detail in my RAWs before I'll consider buying it. Previous PhotoRaw releases have been, well, awful.

jdcope

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Jon
I might download and try it out since I am still using Photo Raw 2018.5. I initially purchased it because I really liked the thought of a non-subscription model. But honestly, as fast as they keep putting out updates that you have to pay for, its not much different than an Abobe subscription if you keep upgrading.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom