ON1 iMac Installation Question

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I purchased a iMac in 2020 for ON1, but to to covid other family members took it over to work from home. Now I have it back I want to install On1 onto it.
Basic program is not a problem but some of the extras came with those odd _Mac files files
mac.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The "_MACOSX" directory has many subdirectories and look to have all the files a Mac generates / adds to a USB stick when you insert it into a mac
mac1.jpg
mac2.jpg

As to be expected the "How to install Presents" makes no mention of these files.

Do I have to do anything with these or will the iMac gererate them after the installation.

Since they included the files in the zip files I gather I am supposed to use them :hmmm:

Hopeing that the program is more stable in the iMac as I seems to have a lot of crashes on my ole win7 box, but getting a hang of the iMac is harder than I expected after a lifetime on windows.

Any suggestions on using ON1 on a iMac would be helpfull if you have any quick beginner tips.

RichardC

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Richard
I too had Windows PCs since 3.1.

A downloaded program sometimes appears on the desktop as another drive during a program installation.

It's been a long time since I installed ON1 on my iMac.

The last program I installed on my machine was straightforward. This as I recall is how 'most' things are installed onto my iMac.

Double click the icon in the downloads folder. Confirm the prompt 'xyz is dowloaded from the Internet, do you wish to proceed? etc'.

A window appears with the new program icon to the left of the 'applications folder' icon. Drag the new program icon and drop onto the applications folder icon and let the iMac do its thing. When everything's up and running, delete the new/temporary drive on your desktop by right clicking and moving to bin.

I cannot recall a single time when I have had to intervene manually with a program installation on a Mac. It just does it itself.

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I too had Windows PCs since 3.1.

A downloaded program sometimes appears on the desktop as another drive during a program installation.

It's been a long time since I installed ON1 on my iMac.

The last program I installed on my machine was straightforward. This as I recall is how 'most' things are installed onto my iMac.

Double click the icon in the downloads folder. Confirm the prompt 'xyz is dowloaded from the Internet, do you wish to proceed? etc'.

A window appears with the new program icon to the left of the 'applications folder' icon. Drag the new program icon and drop onto the applications folder icon and let the iMac do its thing. When everything's up and running, delete the new/temporary drive on your desktop by right clicking and moving to bin.

I cannot recall a single time when I have had to intervene manually with a program installation on a Mac. It just does it itself.
The program installed fine. I think the files that were in the "extras files" are just Mac index files or something after googling around, and I just ignore them.
They look like the ones a Mac adds to you SD card when transferring files now I come to think of it.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom