On1 2020

D7k1

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Over the years I used On1 for some of its presets. Last year when Adobe looked like it would do away with the Photographers $9.95 deal or double the cost or kill Desktop LR I upgrade to On1 2019 (I kept my subscription to Adobe and will as long as LR remains Desktop and PS is bundled with it for a "reasonable price"). Since I live in Portland I have kept On1 and update every couple of years to support On1 as well as have an escape value in case Adobe does something I don't like. Got a very nice upgrade price and NR is important to me and I read that is was much better in 2020. I have found the NR to be very good, perhaps better than ACR or LR.

Besides a few changes to to presets, On1 greatly improved the noise reduction in 2020 I think. If I did not have, "decades" of PS experience I don't know if I'd continue with with Adobe (however it is a great and power product if you are a working PRO or Graphic designer). If you are looking for a "pay once" tool I think that On1 has a lot of value and I would certainly down the trial and give it a spin.

stagor

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Stan
Over the years I used On1 for some of its presets. Last year when Adobe looked like it would do away with the Photographers $9.95 deal or double the cost or kill Desktop LR I upgrade to On1 2019 (I kept my subscription to Adobe and will as long as LR remains Desktop and PS is bundled with it for a "reasonable price"). Since I live in Portland I have kept On1 and update every couple of years to support On1 as well as have an escape value in case Adobe does something I don't like. Got a very nice upgrade price and NR is important to me and I read that is was much better in 2020. I have found the NR to be very good, perhaps better than ACR or LR.

Besides a few changes to to presets, On1 greatly improved the noise reduction in 2020 I think. If I did not have, "decades" of PS experience I don't know if I'd continue with with Adobe (however it is a great and power product if you are a working PRO or Graphic designer). If you are looking for a "pay once" tool I think that On1 has a lot of value and I would certainly down the trial and give it a spin.
Jeff I think you'll find there is already an ON1 Photo Raw 2020 forum.

Last edited:
Real Name
Andrew L
Since you mentioned the noise reduction, how are you finding it to work out for you? I downloaded and tried this iteration and the NR still felt very heavy-handed to me, but admittedly I haven't watched any of their instructional videos to see if they make recommendations on how to configure it.

Latest threads

Top Bottom