On the fence

Discussion in 'This or That?' started by Michael, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Michael

Michael Mu-43 Regular

Hello one and all, this is my first post .
    I saw the G1 at Photokina in 08, had a play with it, removed and replaced the lens and then returned it to the representative, a few minutes after walking away from Panasonics stand the thought hit me that m4/3 just might have a future with legacy lenses. It was the first EVF that worked for me and the size was almost perfect as a carry everywhere camera. Eighteen months later and I still have not bought a m4/3 yet but I will in the next few months.

I am very curious to see what Fuji and perhaps Sigma will offer, both companies have sensors that could only be good for m4/3. If it does not happen with the next PMA I my choice will be an EP-2 the ergonomics may take some getting use to but apart from that it has produced some impressive results with a variety of lenses.
  2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Hello Michael, and welcome to mu-43! I hope you're right about possible Fuji and/or Sigma cameras (or sensors) for :43: in the near future. If that doesn't happen, I think the E-P2 is a great choice.
  3. johnny9fingers

johnny9fingers Mu-43 Veteran

Hello Michael,
    I was in a similar situation as you, and after long research my decision was made. Then, as I was ready to make my purchase the rumors of cameras from Fuji, Nikon, Sony, and new offerings from Olympus and Panasonic made me pause. In the end I stuck with a camera that was a comfortable choice and could get now, not six months to a year down the road. To many pictures never taken.... My advice (FWIW) is look at what is available now and make a choice, then go out and enjoy your camera. By the way I decided on the E-P2......
    Good Luck,,,....John
  4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Welcome Michael - and how well I can relate to the title of your thread!

Only today for sure did I step off to the other side of that proverbial fence - and once you do and you've made the decision, it will be a happy day. In my case, the happy day will really come on the 19th or so...when my Olympus E-P2 with 17mm lens arrives via Amazon.:biggrin:

Seeing these cameras in real life was the game changer for me and I finally did this morning. We all have similar things in common or we wouldn't be interested in these micro 4/3 cameras, but we also probably have some different needs and wants. I went with Olympus because of my "legacy" lenses and I've always been an Olympus fan.

Please let us know which side of the fence you end up on and stop by the other forums and threads, too - and post some shots with the new camera when you get it!:wink:
  5. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Mu-43 Top Veteran

Michael - jump in, the water's REALLY fine.