On my way back to MU43....where it all started!

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by petach, Sep 20, 2014.

1. petach

petach Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 18, 2011
    After a long absence here caused by GAS attacks (returning via Canon EOS50d, EOS 5d mk 2, EOS 6d, Fuji XE-1, X100S, Ricoh GXR, Ricoh GRD3 etc etc) I got me a Panny GF1 body for 50 quid. Just waiting for a couple of SRB adaptors to turn up allowing me to use my Canon EF and Leica M mount lenses on it. Interesting times ahead.

The GF2 was the camera which got me into photography in the first place. I have heard many times it was inferior to the GF!, so for 50 smackeroonies I am about to try it out.

Looking forward to it.
    • Like Like x 5
  2. dweller

dweller Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 14, 2012
    London, UK
    Nothing wrong with a GF1. Make sure you update to latest firmware if it isn't already as the "push jog wheel for focus assist" when using an adapted lens isn't there on the initial firmware. I had to do this with mine.
  3. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Welcome back Petach. I went a different route, but just picked up an EP3 a few weeks ago.
  4. clockwork247

clockwork247 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 4, 2013
    I picked up a G3 body for 115 bucks shipped from adorama, 5k+ clicks on it from the previous owners. looking for lens now. great camera, the grip is small even for my tiny hands :(.
  5. Jermonic

Jermonic Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 14, 2012
  6. Itchybiscuit

Itchybiscuit Photon Mangler

Dec 10, 2013
    Glasgow, Scotland
    I owned a GF1 and loved it long time. :wink:

However, the G5 dropped in price when it was discontinued and I was offered £175 for my GF1 - that was over twice what I paid for it so goodbye GF1 and hello G5!

If I ever see another going chirpy chirpy cheep cheep then I shall jump at it - it's so damned rangefindery looky-likey. :thumbup: