On my way back to MU43....where it all started!

petach

Mu-43 Top Veteran
After a long absence here caused by GAS attacks (returning via Canon EOS50d, EOS 5d mk 2, EOS 6d, Fuji XE-1, X100S, Ricoh GXR, Ricoh GRD3 etc etc) I got me a Panny GF1 body for 50 quid. Just waiting for a couple of SRB adaptors to turn up allowing me to use my Canon EF and Leica M mount lenses on it. Interesting times ahead.

The GF2 was the camera which got me into photography in the first place. I have heard many times it was inferior to the GF!, so for 50 smackeroonies I am about to try it out.

Looking forward to it.

dweller

Mu-43 Veteran
Nothing wrong with a GF1. Make sure you update to latest firmware if it isn't already as the "push jog wheel for focus assist" when using an adapted lens isn't there on the initial firmware. I had to do this with mine.

clockwork247

Mu-43 Regular
I picked up a G3 body for 115 bucks shipped from adorama, 5k+ clicks on it from the previous owners. looking for lens now. great camera, the grip is small even for my tiny hands :(.

Itchybiscuit

Photon Mangler
Real Name
Ivor
I owned a GF1 and loved it long time. :wink:

However, the G5 dropped in price when it was discontinued and I was offered £175 for my GF1 - that was over twice what I paid for it so goodbye GF1 and hello G5!

If I ever see another going chirpy chirpy cheep cheep then I shall jump at it - it's so damned rangefindery looky-likey. :thumbup:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom