1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

On my way back to MU43....where it all started!

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by petach, Sep 20, 2014.

1. petach

petach Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 18, 2011
    UK
    After a long absence here caused by GAS attacks (returning via Canon EOS50d, EOS 5d mk 2, EOS 6d, Fuji XE-1, X100S, Ricoh GXR, Ricoh GRD3 etc etc) I got me a Panny GF1 body for 50 quid. Just waiting for a couple of SRB adaptors to turn up allowing me to use my Canon EF and Leica M mount lenses on it. Interesting times ahead.

The GF2 was the camera which got me into photography in the first place. I have heard many times it was inferior to the GF!, so for 50 smackeroonies I am about to try it out.

Looking forward to it.

• Like Like x 5
  2. dweller

dweller Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 14, 2012
    London, UK
    Nothing wrong with a GF1. Make sure you update to latest firmware if it isn't already as the "push jog wheel for focus assist" when using an adapted lens isn't there on the initial firmware. I had to do this with mine.

3. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Welcome back Petach. I went a different route, but just picked up an EP3 a few weeks ago.

4. clockwork247

clockwork247 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 4, 2013
    I picked up a G3 body for 115 bucks shipped from adorama, 5k+ clicks on it from the previous owners. looking for lens now. great camera, the grip is small even for my tiny hands :(.

5. Jermonic

Jermonic Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 14, 2012
    Denmark
  6. Itchybiscuit

Itchybiscuit Photon Mangler

Dec 10, 2013
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Ivor
    I owned a GF1 and loved it long time. :wink:

However, the G5 dropped in price when it was discontinued and I was offered £175 for my GF1 - that was over twice what I paid for it so goodbye GF1 and hello G5!

If I ever see another going chirpy chirpy cheep cheep then I shall jump at it - it's so damned rangefindery looky-likey. :thumbup: