On my E-M10 the image shows in the viewfinder for 6 seconds. Can I change this?

dpswbab

Mu-43 Veteran
Hi, Folks. I have searched the manual and looked thru this forum, but I haven't found an answer to this question. On my E-M10 the image just taken shows in the viewfinder for 6 seconds. Can I change this? It goes away if I lift off and then press the shutter button, but I'd like it to not show up at all. Thanks for any help you can provide. This is my first mirrorless camera, so I am slowly finding my way around.

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
Go into the menu and to the spanner icon, then down to the Rec View label and using the right arrow key enter the choice setting and turn it to off.

dpswbab

Mu-43 Veteran
Go into the menu and to the spanner icon, then down to the Rec View label and using the right arrow key enter the choice setting and turn it to off.
Thanks, Ray. That worked like a charm. I think I skipped that option because it sounded like something related to video.

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
That's the thing with Olympus, I don't believe the camera menu is all that bad, but the manual is pretty woeful when it comes to explaining some of the deeper features.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom