On a budget: used Olympus body--which one?

With my shoestring budget, which body should I get?

• E1 (excellent condition)

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • E5 MK II (bargain condition)

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • E10 MKII (excellent condition)

Votes: 9 39.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

twigboy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Just an update—
I got my quote from KEH and a $ figure that I can add to it So I know what my budget is going to be.

I‘ve already packed up the Pentax gear and I’m just awaiting the shipping label and FedEx pickup on Wednesday.

At this point, I’m leaning towards trading for the M10mkII with 12-50 and 40-150 lenses.

Once I retire and get my PTO payout, I will definitely be adding a dedicated macro lens. A second, body (M1 or M5 series) with the 12-100 is not out of the question, nor is a fast 25.

I’m so excited! :D

Thanks again for all of your input!

I'm sure you will enjoy your choices. You probably know the 12-50 does do macro (not sure if it can do 1:1 magnification though). Check out some results on the native lens showcase wing of the site: https://www.mu-43.com/threads/olympus-12-50mm-f-3-5-6-3-ez.24326/page-68 I think it has fairly close focusing capabilities. I've tossed the idea around over the years myself, but just don't get into macro enough.

John King

Member of SOFA
Real Name
John ...
@Heather’s Lightbox Heather, that's great news.

You may well find that the 43mm macro function built in to the 12-50 is all you ever need.

It really is on a par with my FTs f/2 50 macro - described as one of the best lenses ever made.

The 12-100 and f/1.8 17/25/45 are all really very good lenses at relatively reasonable prices.

All the best with it, mate.

Real Name
Heather
My box of fun arrived today! I’ve been spending the evening getting to know this little gem of a camera and look forward to getting out this weekend with it (if not before). In addition to the 12-50 and 40-150, I also added the Panasonic 25/1.7. :D

4FF2E55B-F474-48FE-B590-3A88FA57FAD5.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

WT21

Mu-43 Legend
I would go for a Panasonic G85 or an Olympus EM1.2 if possible. Both reliable models and have some longevity in them.
If not the EM5.2 would be my next choice.
Was going to say the same thing. Unless you are getting an Oly with PDAF, or you just only love Oly lenses, the I’d angle to the g85. Great Ergonomics and controls, fantastic view finder, very good I’ll put.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom