OMG, m43 is about to , like, blow up, you guys!

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Steven, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Steven

Steven Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2012
    Anybody catch Panasonic GF1 on the latest episode of Girls (HBO show)? It was used for quite a while by one of the main characters. GF1 with 20mm/1.7 lens, worn with original neckband with GF1 markings. I almost thought it was GX7 at first (product placement I thought) but then noticed that silver vertical band on the grip and then the writing on the neck strap. so, old model, probably not product placement then? :confused:
    Anyway, pretty cool to see on such a popular TV show.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. faithblinded

faithblinded Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 25, 2014
    Cleveland, OH
    I too noticed the GF1. Someone on set must shoot m4/3. That or one of the props people thought the GF1 was a good cutesie hipster camera. :D
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Vinpocetine

Vinpocetine Mu-43 Regular

Nov 25, 2014

Yo "Girls", I'm really happy for you, Ima let you finish, but Taylor Swift just had one of the greatest inadvertant ads for m4/3 of all time. ONE OF THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME!

• Like Like x 7
  4. PeeBee

PeeBee Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 17, 2012
    Don't worry guys. If Taylor gets her camera wet, she'll shake it off :rolleyes: :biggrin:
    • Like Like x 4
  5. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Huh, E-M10 and 14-42 pancake, not weather sealed at all. Somehow I expected to see an E-M5 and 12-50 or something...
  6. Vivalo

Vivalo Olympus Loser

Nov 16, 2010
    No, it seems to be E-M1 with the EZ 14-42
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Vinpocetine

Vinpocetine Mu-43 Regular

Nov 25, 2014
    That's the conclusion I reached too, in the top pick you can see that it has the grip by how she's holding it...

My second thought was "Taylor, you're a trillionare, upgrade that lens." I guess for pics to throw on twitstagram the 14-42 would do just fine though eh?
  8. Ramsey

Ramsey Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2013
    Zagreb, Croatia
    wasn't Clooney caught "in the wild" sporting an E-M5?
  9. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    I'm not sure what's saddest - the thought that showing cameras on a trashy TV show matters, or the fact that it's probably true.
    • Like Like x 1