OMDS Europe - last minute Prime lens promo

Ghostbuggy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Phill
I actually completely missed this promotion run by OM Digital Solutions Europe, however it is valid until June 28th, so maybe it might still be usefull for some people.
OMDS is offering a flat EUR 100 / GBP 85 discount off on most M.Zuiko Premium primes lenses:
12mm f2
17mm f1.8
25mm f1.8
45mm f1.8

As you can see, the 75mm f1.8 is missing, however it is part of another promotion where you can get it with some cashback. This promotion here however is not a cashback one, but instead you'll get a straight discount on checkout. If you are using the OMDS online shop, you might need to use a coupon code in some cases, in the UK it would be OLY85, for Germany you don't need a code at all and the discounted price is applied right away. So be sure to check out the "Promotions" tab on your regional OMDS online shop presence.
Besides the OMDS online shop, some authorized OMDS dealers are also taking part in the promotion and you might be able to get the rebate right from you favourite photo store.

Here's the link to the UK promotion page:
https://shop.olympus.eu/en_GB/promo.html?id=16221

Ghostbuggy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Phill
I haven't checked the Olympus store itself, in fact I stumbled across this promotion via one of my favourite photo dealers by accident. Regarding their prices, they always went up and down somewhat, for instance the 17mm f1.8 is currently listed at EUR 449, which is a bit expensive, usually it was more around or slightly less than 400 bucks. The 12mm has always been the odd expensive one of the bunch and Foto Gregor lists it for 629€, which isn't too bad to be honest, as it pretty much always have been more than 600 bucks new. I bought this very lens about two years ago from the same dealer for €619, however I got a €200 cashback from Olympus.
The 45 f1.8 sells for about 279€ from Foto Gregor, which again is very reasonable, the lens also has been slightly cheaper at times, but not much.
Last but not least the 25mm f1.8 has a similar story like the 17mm, it has been available for around 300€, however prices went up to around €349 in some cases.

I think some deals really aren't bad even at somewhat increased prices. The 45mm for less than 200€ is a great price and I think the 25mm for less than 250€ is also decent. As usual it helps to keep looking around for different prices. For example Foto Gregor sometimes has lower prices than the OMDS online shop, sometimes it's the other way around, which is surprising regardless, because usually Olympus' own online shop was pretty much always quite a bit more expensive than any "street dealers".

Edit: But yeah, the MSRP shown on the OMDS online shop are quite high, especially for the 12mm f2 which is stated at 799,-€ and discounted to 639€. I've never ever seen this very lens for more than 689€. Same goes for the 17mm which is listed at 499 MSRP, I've again never seen the lens for such a high price at any store. Maybe it is an Olympus tactic to make the offers more appealing.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom