1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

OMD vs NEX7 Video Review and Comparison

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by WT21, Aug 10, 2012.

1. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    This is a very review video (parts 1 and 2) comparing the OMD and the NEX7

Part I: [ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNrEGi9xKcI]Olympus OM-D EM-5 vs. Sony NEX-7 Comparison Part 1: Handling, Size, Build, Screen, and EVF - YouTube[/ame]
    Part II: [ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Idzb6eDONik]Olympus OM-D EM-5 vs. Sony NEX-7 Comparison Part 2: Movie, Menu, Lenses, etc. - YouTube[/ame]

Might be helpful for folks who are shopping both.

Reviewer covers ergonomics, build quality, menus, price, lenses.

As a side note, I realize I've been a little inflammatory on this issue. I promise to behave a bit more on NEX threads :biggrin:

(p.s. this is not my video. I just found it while Googling. I was thinking about maybe trying NEX out yet again, with their new lenses coming out, but this video has brought me back to my senses!)

• Like Like x 1
  2. brokken

brokken Mu-43 Regular

Aug 25, 2012
    I looked at a number of pictures taken with the NEX series cameras. The blacks and dark colors are amazing. Blacks appear true and detail just pops out of the shadows. However: does it seem to anyone else that the colors are perhaps a little TOO saturated? They almost seems a little HDR-ish - and not in a good way either. Maybe there was some post-processing done to the pics.

Is it just me? Did I look at too small a sampling to get an idea of the quality?

PS: Don't mean to start a flame war either. I just want to know if there is a propensity for hyper-saturation in the NEX line.

3. D@ne

D@ne Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 23, 2012
    Toronto
    Could just be the samples you saw. You'd have to look for a review that takes the same photo at the same settings with each camera to decide which you prefer. I have no doubt that such comparisons exist if you went digging.

4. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    That's one of the reasons I returned my NEX3 and 5, but I haven't tried the 7.