OMD vs NEX7 Video Review and Comparison

Discussion in 'This or That?' started by WT21, Aug 10, 2012.

1. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    This is a very review video (parts 1 and 2) comparing the OMD and the NEX7

Part I: [ame=]Olympus OM-D EM-5 vs. Sony NEX-7 Comparison Part 1: Handling, Size, Build, Screen, and EVF - YouTube[/ame]
    Part II: [ame=]Olympus OM-D EM-5 vs. Sony NEX-7 Comparison Part 2: Movie, Menu, Lenses, etc. - YouTube[/ame]

Might be helpful for folks who are shopping both.

Reviewer covers ergonomics, build quality, menus, price, lenses.

As a side note, I realize I've been a little inflammatory on this issue. I promise to behave a bit more on NEX threads :biggrin:

(p.s. this is not my video. I just found it while Googling. I was thinking about maybe trying NEX out yet again, with their new lenses coming out, but this video has brought me back to my senses!)
    • Like Like x 1
  2. brokken

brokken Mu-43 Regular

Aug 25, 2012
    I looked at a number of pictures taken with the NEX series cameras. The blacks and dark colors are amazing. Blacks appear true and detail just pops out of the shadows. However: does it seem to anyone else that the colors are perhaps a little TOO saturated? They almost seems a little HDR-ish - and not in a good way either. Maybe there was some post-processing done to the pics.

Is it just me? Did I look at too small a sampling to get an idea of the quality?

PS: Don't mean to start a flame war either. I just want to know if there is a propensity for hyper-saturation in the NEX line.
  3. D@ne

D@ne Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 23, 2012
    Could just be the samples you saw. You'd have to look for a review that takes the same photo at the same settings with each camera to decide which you prefer. I have no doubt that such comparisons exist if you went digging.
  4. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    That's one of the reasons I returned my NEX3 and 5, but I haven't tried the 7.