1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

OMD viewfinder problem

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by mirrorless, Apr 21, 2013.

1. mirrorless

mirrorless Mu-43 Regular

Feb 16, 2013
    Seems like there's a slight milky haze to the viewfinder of my camera. It's brand new, has never been outside or anything. My other camera is perfectly clear. Anyone have this?

2. rozza

rozza Mu-43 Regular

Feb 2, 2013
    New Zealand
    Have you tried adjusting the diopter thingy-ma-jig on the left side of the EVF?

3. mirrorless

mirrorless Mu-43 Regular

Feb 16, 2013
    That's another thing. The adjustment wheel doesn't do a compelling job of making the evf screen 100% in clear focus. It's good enough but not as sharp as I'd like.

4. rozza

rozza Mu-43 Regular

Feb 2, 2013
    New Zealand
    Can't remember if mine did or not, but the EVF screen doesn't have some protective plastic on it that needs to be peeled off?

5. mirrorless

mirrorless Mu-43 Regular

Feb 16, 2013
    No, and I have popped the eye guard off and cleaned it.

It's mainly in dim light I have the problem. My Panasonic looks awesome in dim light, the whole room looks lit up. Then I pick up the OMD and I can barely see the detail in the room. I turned up the brightness all the way on the evf.
    How does yours look when you look through it in a low lit room?

6. rozza

rozza Mu-43 Regular

Feb 2, 2013
    New Zealand
    Hmm.. Don't have my OM-D with me right now - how about trying to toggle the high frame rate setting? Mine's been set to high frame rate from my initial setup.

7. mirrorless

mirrorless Mu-43 Regular

Feb 16, 2013
    In low light it just looks like it's got a slight haze. It's not a big problem though, thanks for replying.

8. rozza

rozza Mu-43 Regular

Feb 2, 2013
    New Zealand
    Sorry I couldn't help any further. Sounds like it needs to go back!