OMD video

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by tamoio, Apr 20, 2012.

1. tamoio

tamoio Mu-43 Regular

Maybe someone who has one of these new babies would be interested in posting some video samples? Exteriors in daylight please?

I'm trying to get a handle on what the DR and IS is like in video mode.
  2. M4/3

M4/3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 24, 2011
    Go to and use "om-d test video" as your search words. Here are some screen shots of om-d test video and one of the Canon 5dmk3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. MrKal_El

MrKal_El Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 24, 2011
    This is the video you took screen shots of... and I am impressed!

[ame=""]Olympus OM-D Video Test on Vimeo[/ame]
    • Like Like x 1
  4. okinana

okinana Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 21, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    That video looks awesome!
  5. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Very nice video, well quality wise , the subject sucked for the most part. The colors look good as does the contrast. I am not sure if the camera IS was on or not because it almost looked like the camera was mounted{which is actually best when shooting video}. I did notice the camera adjusting for the lighting a few times which is annoying.
  6. tamoio

tamoio Mu-43 Regular

Well it is Vimeo compressed but. . .aliasing, strobing and aperture stepping are pretty obvious. I didn't really see any color clipping, but I'll keep hunting.
  7. nostatic9

nostatic9 Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 26, 2012
    Did some video last night, indoor low light with 45/1.8. It was set on AF and the focus point keep moving constantly. Kind of made me seasick to watch ;) I think MF will be required (my g/f shot the video and it was factory settings so there may be ways to tweak that beyond just going to MF.
  8. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

If you are using AF in video you may have to switch to center or some other mode of AF. The face detect might work well with people? I don't have an E-M5 yet so I can play with it to see what works best. Try switching to center AF and see how that works for you.