OMD video sample for download

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by gsciorio, Apr 20, 2012.

1. gsciorio

gsciorio Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    Holy S&%$! I'm super impressed. This video is right out of camera. I shot this as I was walking back to my car. Check the video page to download to the original file.

https://vimeo.com/40758107:2thumbs:

• Like Like x 4
  2. s2kinfinite

s2kinfinite Mu-43 Regular

Apr 14, 2012
    Awesome! What lens did you use?

• Like Like x 1
  3. napilopez

napilopez Contributing Editor

Feb 21, 2012
    NYC Area
    Napier Lopez
    That is indeed quite good! It's just a shame that the video codec really crushes dynamic range. Do you know if photo settings affect video as well? I know that on other cameras using the least contrasty settings tends to yield in better video quality.

4. recasper

recasper Mu-43 Regular

Feb 12, 2012
    Alameda, California
    Wow.. very impressive. Big bang from such a small package

• Like Like x 1
  5. gsciorio

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    I used the Olympus 12mm 2.0. All the specs are on the vimeo page btw.

6. s2kinfinite

s2kinfinite Mu-43 Regular

Apr 14, 2012
    Sorry me blind....was at awe with your video :)

7. gsciorio

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    I've not tested anything in the camera. I just shot this after having some dinner on the way back to the car but I'll be digging in more soon.

When I shot my 5DMKII I used Cinestyle which was good for dynamic range but a real pain to grade in post. Interesting thing - I was 2nd AC for a PSA a month ago and the DP who is well known used his MKII with the standard picture style, no rig, all hand held. The footage looked amazing so I decided to start shooting my video like I shoot my stills and thats to just get it right in camera.

I keep thinking about how not long ago having a camera like the OMD was a fantasy regardless for the money and now its here and the price is really good. :smile:

8. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    I like how you were creeping up on the lady towards the end of the video on a dark street while filming her! Very stalker like! :tongue: :biggrin:

Awesome video! I generally don't do video, but that looks pretty good, I think I'll have some fun with this!

• Like Like x 1
  9. MirrorlessMan

MirrorlessMan Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 19, 2012
    I'm hoping she is his wife/gf

• Like Like x 1
  10. gsciorio

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    Yeah that's my wife but I have a whole series of reverse portraits on my portfolio site called Backsploitation.

11. gsciorio

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    Yeah I was creepin my wife haha. What amazes me about the video quality is that I shot ISO 1600 without noise reduction and how sharp it is too. Download the original file that came out of the camera.

12. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

The IS did a pretty good job but it isn't going to replace a steadycam. I am assuming that you were simply holding it out in front of you and using the LCD? The image quality looks very good as does the focus. I do not care for the motion blur filters but that is me.

13. gsciorio

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    Well no of course its not going to replace a steadycam but the IS is very good and if I held it properly or used a rig it would be awesome. I actually had a Merlin but sold it. Got tired of having to adjust it every time I used it.

Yeah the motion blur effects will be fun once in a while but my guess is that its going to get overused in online videos fast.