1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

OMD video sample for download

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by gsciorio, Apr 20, 2012.

1. gsciorio

gsciorio Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    Holy S&%$! I'm super impressed. This video is right out of camera. I shot this as I was walking back to my car. Check the video page to download to the original file.

https://vimeo.com/40758107:2thumbs:

• Like Like x 4
  2. s2kinfinite

s2kinfinite Mu-43 Regular

Apr 14, 2012
    Awesome! What lens did you use?

• Like Like x 1
  3. napilopez

napilopez Contributing Editor

Feb 21, 2012
    NYC Area
    Napier Lopez
    That is indeed quite good! It's just a shame that the video codec really crushes dynamic range. Do you know if photo settings affect video as well? I know that on other cameras using the least contrasty settings tends to yield in better video quality.

4. recasper

recasper Mu-43 Regular

Feb 12, 2012
    Alameda, California
    Wow.. very impressive. Big bang from such a small package

• Like Like x 1
  5. gsciorio

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    I used the Olympus 12mm 2.0. All the specs are on the vimeo page btw.

6. s2kinfinite

s2kinfinite Mu-43 Regular

Apr 14, 2012
    Sorry me blind....was at awe with your video :) 

7. gsciorio

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    I've not tested anything in the camera. I just shot this after having some dinner on the way back to the car but I'll be digging in more soon.

When I shot my 5DMKII I used Cinestyle which was good for dynamic range but a real pain to grade in post. Interesting thing - I was 2nd AC for a PSA a month ago and the DP who is well known used his MKII with the standard picture style, no rig, all hand held. The footage looked amazing so I decided to start shooting my video like I shoot my stills and thats to just get it right in camera.

I keep thinking about how not long ago having a camera like the OMD was a fantasy regardless for the money and now its here and the price is really good. :smile:

8. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, USA
    I like how you were creeping up on the lady towards the end of the video on a dark street while filming her! Very stalker like! :tongue: :biggrin:

Awesome video! I generally don't do video, but that looks pretty good, I think I'll have some fun with this!

• Like Like x 1
  9. MirrorlessMan

MirrorlessMan Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 19, 2012
    I'm hoping she is his wife/gf

• Like Like x 1
  10. gsciorio

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    Yeah that's my wife but I have a whole series of reverse portraits on my portfolio site called Backsploitation.

11. gsciorio

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    Yeah I was creepin my wife haha. What amazes me about the video quality is that I shot ISO 1600 without noise reduction and how sharp it is too. Download the original file that came out of the camera.

12. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

The IS did a pretty good job but it isn't going to replace a steadycam. I am assuming that you were simply holding it out in front of you and using the LCD? The image quality looks very good as does the focus. I do not care for the motion blur filters but that is me.

13. gsciorio

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    Well no of course its not going to replace a steadycam but the IS is very good and if I held it properly or used a rig it would be awesome. I actually had a Merlin but sold it. Got tired of having to adjust it every time I used it.

Yeah the motion blur effects will be fun once in a while but my guess is that its going to get overused in online videos fast.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.