OMD video in Premiere CS6 problem

Discussion in 'Video Post-Production' started by spacecreature, Dec 19, 2012.

1. spacecreature

spacecreature Mu-43 Regular

Dec 7, 2012
    Hi all,

Lately my videos shot with the OMD when imported into Premiere CS6 give out a green image instead of the actual footage . The sound is still intact however. It worked fine in the past and I haven't changed any of the settings neither on my camera nor on the program (to my knowledge). I'm using the Mov Full HD F file settings on the camera.

Anyone else has faced this before or knows how to fix the problem?

Im attaching a screen shot so you have an idea what it looks like :)

Attached Files:

2. spacecreature

spacecreature Mu-43 Regular

Dec 7, 2012

Ok i found the solution! In case others face this, here is what I did. I updated quickplayer and made sure to associate all mov files to the program so by default they open in quicktime. That solved my problem. Videos imported into premiere now work fine and I no longer get that green video :)
  3. powderbanks

powderbanks Mu-43 Regular

Dec 7, 2012
    north carolina
    strange..i'm starting to think there's some issues with cs6's playback engine. i was reading about some different patches for the gh2, and i think it was the flowmotion v2 that some people were having issues with cs6 pp not playing back certain .mts files. if people switched to a different patch, it wasn't an issue. so it could very well be something in the encoding of the .mts files on the camera/with that specific patch, but people with fcp weren't experiencing the issue. there were also issues with some weird flickering in underexposed areas (some called it 'digital rain') only found with the flowmotion (i think?) patch and in cs6. if the people played back the original .mts file in a different player, it wasn't there. but if it stayed in cs6, it would be 'baked in'..who knows