1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

OMD v. XPro1 v. NEX7 - high ISO test by Steve Huff

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Armanius, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    • Like Like x 4
  2. MrKal_El

MrKal_El Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 24, 2011
    Seriously...what's the deal? I ordered my Black kit, 600r & Grip on the 7th (like 4AM EST). I already have the grip but no word at all on the Kit :dash2:

3. gsciorio

gsciorio Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    Ugh I'm sorry to read this. Who did you order it from?

4. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    At least you can hold on to something -- the grip. :thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  5. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    I guess JPEG tests are probably meaningful for more shooters than RAW tests are, but they're certainly not useful for me, which is why I wish people would post RAW samples alongside their JPEGs, so we all have a change to see how things work.

DH

6. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, USA
    Screw Amazon. I also ordered on the 7th. They shipped my grip, but no camera. I ended up canceling my pre-order. It'll probably be easier to buy the camera local.

7. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    Agreed. Unfortunately, other than using Silkypix that comes with the XP1, and I suppose Oly Master that comes with the OMD, there's no RAW support for the OMD and XP1 yet.

@Jonathan - looks like you too have a grip to hold on to! :) 

8. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Dont let the grip slip..It may lead u to the camera someday ...lol
    Cheers
    :rofl:

9. gsciorio

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    Sure there is - Corel AfterShot Pro

10. MrKal_El

Mar 24, 2011
    Twas the Amazon.

11. MrKal_El

Mar 24, 2011
    I keep wanting to do that...but maybe if everyone else does...I'll get bumped up :) 

12. MrKal_El

Mar 24, 2011
    Honestly? I have been playing w/ the grip since yesterday....It is sitting right next to me on the desk :rofl:

13. gsciorio

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
  14. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    "Playing with the grip ..."

LOL! :smile:

@Giulio - Thanks for the tip on availability!! And awesome portfolio! Just went through part of it, and will go through the rest after work! Awesome!

• Like Like x 1
  15. gsciorio

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    Thank you for looking at my work Armanius! I really appreciate it. Finishing up a music video shot with the Pen and just finished another cover shoot with the Pen this week.

I got a lot of stuff on my Flick too Flickr: gsciorio's Photostream

But if you want to see some crazy stuff check out my experimental works - http://giulio.prosite.com/

[​IMG]

16. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    I thought this thread was about the high ISO test. It went and turned into yet another "WHERE'S MY DAMN CAMERA" thread. I'm on an iPhone so I can't really see much, but I'm looking forward to checking them out later. I have the X-Pro 1 and I KNOW how good it is in low light - its like walking around with night vision goggles. If the OMD is even in the neighborhood this is VERY VERY good news.

As for the raw/jpeg question, I was a raw only shooter until the X100, when I found I couldn't better the jpegs with raw. And with the kind of latitude still in the jpegs for additional pp, I failed to see the point of shooting raw with that camera. The X-Pro 1 even more-so. The OMD and Nex I don't know about. So the jpeg comparisons are getting pretty useful to me.

-Ray

17. M4/3

M4/3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 24, 2011
  18. gsciorio

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    Call them they have stock.

19. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    OMG
    someone needs to make a video review of the omd that ONLY has the grip.. but pretend its the whole camera.. and act TOTALLY serious in the video... i would DIE!

• Like Like x 3
  20. gsciorio

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    That would be rad!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.