OMD users near Sydney

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by BradS, Apr 20, 2017.

1. BradS

BradS Mu-43 Regular

Mar 9, 2017
    Newcastle NSW
    Hi,

Have an OMD EM1 MK2 which replaced my EM5 which I had since 2012. Always found the menu system a challenge but worked things out over the years, always so much more to learn but which is one of the joys and frustration of photography. Now with the EM1 MK2 have even more to learn and experiment with.

See lots of people out and about with Cannon and Nikon etc but never see another Olympus OMD. I am keen to connect with people who use the same platform to share knowledge and learn from and with. So, just wondering if there are any OMD users groups in or near Sydney NSW. Or anyone who is keen to get together and share learning from their OMD. I am about 2 hours north of Sydney but okay to travel.

Love to hear from anyone in the area.

Thanks,

Brad

2. retiredfromlife

retiredfromlife Mu-43 All-Pro

May 15, 2016
    Sydney, Australia
    I would suggest possibly doing the free "Coffee with Olympus" in Sydney they are run in small groups you may meet someone there or get in touch with an oly group
    Olympus - Olympus Australia

the coffee bit is part way down the page

3. BradS

BradS Mu-43 Regular

Mar 9, 2017
    Newcastle NSW
    Thank you for the reply. I have been thinking about doing one of these. Just had a look. Seems none are on a weekend. Maybe setup for those retiredfromlife....
    Will definitely book onto a "Coffee with Olympus", just take some time so sort a date.
    Thanks again for your reply and suggestion

4. Zee

Zee Mu-43 Top Veteran

I'm in Sydney part time, and have an E-M1. I can be up for the odd meet and shoot...

Z...

5. BradS

BradS Mu-43 Regular

Mar 9, 2017
    Newcastle NSW
    Hi Zee,

Thanks for replying and your interest. Maybe sometime in June if you are still keen.

Brad

6. Batfink

Batfink New to Mu-43

Jun 14, 2011
    Newcastle Australia
    Hi Brad I'm in Adamstown hts, Ive got a em5 and ep3 which I still love, not taking too many photos lately, we could meet up sometime, you might be able to show me a few things.

Peter