OMD Touchcreen Blemish

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by RichardGrrr, Aug 10, 2013.

1. RichardGrrr

RichardGrrr New to Mu-43

Aug 10, 2013
    Hey, everyone. New member here, this is my first post.

After not using my OMD for about three weeks, I turned it on the other day to discover that the touchscreen has a pink spot in the lower right corner. The spot does not appear in the viewfinder and doesn't affect picture quality, but it's mightily annoying.

I've had the camera for about five months, and although it's under warranty, I'm living overseas so sending it in would be a major pain. Plus, I've moved to a new city and frankly I want to be out there taking pictures.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could have caused this, and can I do anything short of sending the camera in for service?

Basic shooting kit: OMD, Panny 12-35, Panny 20, Oly 40-150, plus Canon FD 28, 50, 50 macro, 100, and 200 legacies.

Thanks, Richard
  2. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Welcome, and sorry about the circumstances that swayed you into joining. I cannot offer a solution, but did want to let you know that olympus has a worldwide warranty. Hence, you should be able to send it to the nearest service centre and have it serviced without worry.
    Good luck...
  3. RichardGrrr

RichardGrrr New to Mu-43

Aug 10, 2013
    Thanks, Grinch. I'll have to look into a service center here in China. I studied Mandarin intensively and can fumble my way through a basic conversation, but I'll have to figure out how to say, There's an annoying pink blemish on the touch screen!
  4. htc

htc Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 11, 2011
    Explaining "pink blemish" and world wide warranty with basic Mandarin skills...? Good luck :biggrin:

Although you might get language help needed from here also, who knows. Welcome to the WWWC (World Wide Wisdom Center) :smile:
  5. RamblinR

RamblinR Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 16, 2012
    Sunshine Coast, Qld Australia
    Try pixel mapping and see if this fixes it.
  6. RichardGrrr

RichardGrrr New to Mu-43

Aug 10, 2013
    Thanks, Ramblin. Alas, it didn't work. Drat!