OMD- The King of Mirrorless Jungle - A Tribute:)

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Bhupinder2002, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hi Guys.. :smile:
    I am not gonna start a debate here which camera is the best for you and which has amazing IQ or ergonomics . This is all about OMD . We all know that cameras market is flooded with mirrorless offerings and its a mirorless jungle out there now , and none of them is bad , every camera has a plus points . Now I would always pick up OMD over any other offering simply because of few simple reasons -
    1) Rugged and weather sealed buit
    2) Stunning IQ
    3) Exellent IBIS
    4) SUperfast and yet to surpassed AF system.
    5) Very versatile grip but expensive though
    And this makes Kind of Mirroless world . There is no other camera , so versatile , so well built and so responsive .( Please hold your fire :wink::wink:) EPL5 and EPM2 are OLy as well
    I have owned this camera since Sept last year and I can tell you its a dream machine . Its a pleasure to shoot with and output is consistent and superb. Now combine that with exellent range of MFT lenses makes it even more fun to use.
    Now here are some images I wanna share which I shot over the last few months .

• Like Like x 1
  2. entropicremnants

entropicremnants Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
    Well, I love my E-M5 also -- but apparently it's not for everyone as I see more than a few folks send them back or sell them. Mine is a keeper and if I was sitting on more cash I'd have two -- but my second camera is now a Panny G5 replacing the E-PL5 I was using for that.

Excellent photos by the way!
  3. Bhupinder2002

I agree with that.Its not for everyone . But its a winner product and It changed the image of MFT in digital era. It brought MFT to the main front , fought and won with other mirorrless warriors from other major players and won ..So that why I call it THE KING:2thumbs::2thumbs:
  4. Savas K

Savas K Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
    Nice work, Bhupinder2002.
  5. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Aug 26, 2011
    Tacloban City, Philippines
    I thought it was the GX1. :cloud-9-039:
  6. Bhupinder2002

Lol.. GX1 is like Prince Charles of England ..He can't be the King:wink::wink:
  7. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
  8. DoofClenas

DoofClenas Who needs a Mirror!

Nov 9, 2012
    Traverse City, MI

I'd trade my E-5 and 12-60 for a OMD and 12-50...
  9. SteveNunez

SteveNunez Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 11, 2010
    South Florida
    Steve Nunez
    This is super debatable........GH3 owners would likely say otherwise....with the GH3 you get top tier still image quality as well as undisputed top video performance- the OMD video while good, isn't a match, therefore calling it "King"......need I say more?
    It is what it is~
  10. Bhupinder2002

Hahah yes Its debatable but King has to be popular and easily approachable . Thats what OMD is, GH3 is out of range of many people and size and price defeats the purpose of MFT . It was OMD who made everyone aware that MFT format is equally capable and can give stunning results .
  11. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Amen Bhupinder. I agree with you! OMD is king!
  12. mirrorless

mirrorless Mu-43 Regular

Feb 16, 2013
    GH3 out of range? Too expensive? Well, if you add on the hand grip they're both on par.
    The OMD is the queen, for the King, there is no other than the GH3, sorry.
    The GH3 is larger, has a better screen (articulating), better video with more formats, same image quality on stills, better menu and ui, also weather proof, it's got an electronic shutter so you can both save the mechanical one, and take sneaky shots as people can't hear a thing.
    The OMD is an elegant piece of work with nice abilities but the king of the jungle resides with Panasonic. Let's call a spade a spade. :biggrin:
  13. Kenny

Kenny Mu-43 Regular

Sep 9, 2012
    KL Malaysia
    Come on guys, be nice. LOL. In my opinion, OMD is the Queen (camera store said omd is a she) and GH3 is the King. Agree?
  14. memzinla

memzinla Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 31, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    I also really love the OM-D E-M5, and only wish bit rate was higher. If it had an OVF, it would be perfect!
  15. Bhupinder2002

Lol.. hahah I think GH3 is a fat Queen where as OMD is think and lean warrior King hahahhh :wink::wink:
  16. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    No argument from me, but I've been liking the way Olympus does things since long before anyone even thought of saying "camera" and "Panasonic" in the same sentence.

Just kidding!

But in general I've found I prefer the Olympus bodies, partly for the stabilization with legacy glass, partly just the ergonomics. I don't shoot video, and for me the E-M5 is a perfect still camera, with the controls I want, where I want them. My favorite kit, though, is the E-M5 with the PL Summilux 25mm.
  17. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    If the OMD is King and GH3 it's fat Queen, the GX1 is their Prince who will never be who then is the Princess...and of most interest to me, who is the mirrorless worlds Court Jester ?

( the interests of completing the family portrait)
  18. Bhupinder2002

:smile: Hi Joe ..
    I think we can make Fuji XE1 the princess. Its beautiful and sexy camera .
  19. mirrorless

mirrorless Mu-43 Regular

Feb 16, 2013
    I would tend to resemble her (X-E1) as her (E-M5's) evil step sister. :rolleyes:
  20. Halaking

Halaking Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 17, 2012
    Los Angeles
    OMD is King, it made me jump out of Canon. :flypig:

OMD makes many people switch to M4/3, that's history..period.:dash2: