OMD so what am I facing

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by dcisive, May 20, 2012.

1. dcisive

dcisive Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    in a wait time for a Silver OMD? I will probably get all the money from my proceeds tomorrow and order on Wednesday. I really don't wish to get hit up for the tax from my local dealer so was thinking someone reliable like B&H. But I'm worried I'll end up waiting a month for it. When I spoke to the rep at my local dealer on Friday who was having a special show she mentioned if they special ordered it it "might" show up in a few weeks. But her initial comment was "do you have a month"? I hate to be without a camera that long with some events I'd like to shoot. Just sold off ALL my other systems for this bad boy. Geez the pain of patience. Anyone have any idea what to expect?
  2. jmg

jmg New to Mu-43

Mar 14, 2012
    I've been recommending that people who want an E-M5 contact ********** in NYC. Their website isn't great, and if I hadn't gone to the store in person to see it was legit, I probably would've never ordered from them.

I ordered a black E-M5 from them and had it in two weeks. I met Joel, who seems to be the main point of contact for E-M5s at **********, yesterday and he is still getting a lot of cameras. It seems Olympus is being very good to **********. According to Joel, ********** was only supposed to be getting 12 or so silver E-M5s this week, but Oly is actually giving them around 20.

Joel said he's been updating the website regularly with Whatever time frame Olympus gives him, but the camera will often come sooner. I think the wait is officially 2-3 weeks at this point (maybe 3-4) but there's a good chance you'll get it sooner.
  3. weeowee

weeowee Mu-43 Regular

May 6, 2012
    wow thats pretty long,here in our country the most wait time right now is probably a week, i ordered a silver one around monday and got it saturday from my seller.
  4. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    Hrm, I was all set to order from ********** but they don't seem to carry the MMF-3. Dang.