1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

OMD originak vs ii EVF turn on speed

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by kaitanium, May 7, 2015.

1. kaitanium

kaitanium Mu-43 Regular

Jul 23, 2012
    Does anyone have experience with both the original and mark ii to comment on how fast the EVF on the mark ii turns on compared to the original? I have the original and its pretty darn slow (i just played with a sony a7ii and that thin turns on in an instant when you bring it to your eye). The original is slow enough where once I bring it to my eye, wait for the EVF to flick on, my shot is already loss. Thus, at times, defeating the purpose for me and a camera lol.

It wont be enough for me to really sell my original but just wanted to know. (a bump in ISO performance above 800iso would get me to buy!!)

2. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    Are you talking about from power on to ready or from switching between LCD and EVF using the eye sensor?

And for future reference, we are talking about the Olympus OMD EM5.

3. kaitanium

kaitanium Mu-43 Regular

Jul 23, 2012
    Shoot. Noticed my typo in the title. Oh yes and I am talking about the OMD, my fault.

Yes, speed from the LCD to EVF using the eye or whatever proximity sensor is built in.

4. memzinla

memzinla Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 31, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    This is probably off topic, but I noticed that the Mark II takes a while to start recording video, while the Mark I started much faster.

5. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    I brought my EM1 today anad it is pretty snappy between the 2. I will have to check the EM5 Mk 1 tonight when I get home.

6. kaitanium

kaitanium Mu-43 Regular

Jul 23, 2012
    nice! you got both! eager to hear what you see.

7. kaitanium

kaitanium Mu-43 Regular

Jul 23, 2012
    updates? Or if someone has a em1 to compare with a em5 mki