1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

OMD.......OMG!!

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by stuntman, Apr 23, 2012.

1. stuntman

stuntman M43 FOR THIRDS 4 EVER

Jul 6, 2011
    Connecticut
    ED
    ***Post deleted***

Note from Amin: The post originally written here was not made by the OP. Apparently someone used his computer to make a troll post. I verified with the OP that this was not his doing at all.

2. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    please don't feed the troll.

• Like Like x 3
  3. landshark

landshark Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 27, 2010
    SO CAL
    I would not suggest throwing rocks, post your images without putting down others

• Like Like x 1
  4. SNTP

SNTP Mu-43 Regular

Sep 7, 2011
    trollers gonna troll move along

5. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Colours being redder are not necessarily "better."

• Like Like x 2
  6. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    This thread is closed, and I am considering next steps.

Update: Something isn't right. The first post is not at all consistent with the OP's prior posting track record. Could be a hijack. I'm suspending the account pending an email response from the OP.

• Like Like x 8
  7. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I've re-opened the thread and am bumping it so everyone can see the update. The OP (Ed) is no troll. Someone made a troll post using his account!

• Like Like x 9
  8. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    Good detective work Amin. The original post was so combative I thought I was on the wrong forum. I'm glad it was just a malicious identity heist.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    Why? I guess I really am getting too old.

10. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    I wanted to let everyone know that any horribly composed images posted or stupid comments made from this account were when my account was hacked (many times).

• Like Like x 7
  11. alessandro

alessandro Mu-43 Regular

Jan 29, 2010
    LOL! :rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

And only admin can easily access ur account ..so u mean admin or moderators played around with ur account and uploaded those horrible pics ? lol
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    If you look at Stuntman's older posts, this thread was nothing like it.

As for why ... as awesome as the internet has been towards the promotion and sharing of ideas and information across the globe, it has also empowered immature and cowardly individuals to behave in manners that they never would if they had to face the other people. Fortunately, this forum and SeriousCompacts.com are still very civil compared to some others. :smile:

• Like Like x 2
  14. stuntman

Jul 6, 2011
    Connecticut
    ED
    Sorry for the craziness folks!!!!!! :confused:

Thanks to Amin's detective work and alerting me of the problem. Talk about embarassing!!!!:eek:
    That's what is so wonderful about the people on this website. Everyone knows everyone eventually and can detect an abnormality and report it. I tried to log in and couldn't. I thought nothing and received an email From Amin alerting me to the issue. I read the forum before it was removed and went "Oh S&@t", WTF is that!!!! I emailed Amin immediately to clarify.

The little, AHEM, person responsible because of his friends prank, is now under house arrest and completely deprived of any form of electronic communication, toys, computer and anything else I will come up with for the foreseeable future. I may even invent new things for fun!!!! :biggrin:

Imagine him sitting with friends all around texting and he will only have a pad and a pencil!!!! :dance2:

For long distance he will need to learn semifore!! :whoo::whoo: Now back to waiting for my camera that I pre-ordered from B&H on 2/12......ARRRGGGGHHHH

• Like Like x 3
  15. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Too funny! Well, funny now anyways?! I can see the poor little guy trying to learn morse code.

Glad you got it sorted out and the crew around here is so on top of things.

• Like Like x 1
  16. mister_roboto

mister_roboto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    Seattle, WA, USA
    Dennis
    ... so you didn't get a Canon? :wink:

17. stuntman

Jul 6, 2011
    Connecticut
    ED
    Yes I did in fact get a Canon MkIV ! I received it last week. I sold my 5D mkII and have some awesome glass for FF Canons. I inherited a 500, a 700, and a 1500mm from an uncles estate. I take aviation photos a lot and this glass needed this camera. IT IS A BRICK!!!!!!! It is only going to live on a gimbal lens mount on a tripod for aircraft and long distance nature.

I am waiting for my em-5 as my REAL camera to carry. The images between the 2 at all ISO's up to 6500 in jpg are identical. I can't wait!!!!!

Cheers
    Ed

18. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    The thing was, it was a pretty well written and researched troll post. Whoever wrote it obviously knows a thing or two about photography or spent a good deal of time studying this forum to figure out what buttons to push.

Any chance the post can be resurrected with a disclaimer that it was a prank?

19. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Darn, I wish I had kept a copy... Anyone happen to snag the post?

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk 2

20. stuntman

Jul 6, 2011
    Connecticut
    ED
    I wish I had even thought to copy it!!!! :mad:

AND I"M THE TROLL!!!!!! :blush:

I'll just crawl under a rock now............and wait for my OMD.............