OMD+ Olympus 45 mm 1.8 vs Sigma DP2M :))

Discussion in 'This or That?' started by Bhupinder2002, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hi Guys .. :smile:
    My latest GAS cure is Sigma DP2M and I liked the simplest design of this camera.AF at night isn't bad and battery died after one shot hahaha . I also took the same pic with Olympus OMD and 45 mm 1.8 .
    Now guess which one is Olympus and which one is Sigma ?
    Both shot at F2.8. , base ISO AWB . No cheating please

Untitled by bhupinder2002, on Flickr

Untitled by bhupinder2002, on Flickr
  2. lakemcd

lakemcd Mu-43 Regular

May 27, 2013
    OMD vs Sig

My guess is the top one is the Sig and bottom is the OMD combo, just looking at DOF and bokeh
  3. bipinsnair

bipinsnair Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 7, 2012
    Herndon, VA
    Bipin Nair
    My guess is, top is E-M5 and bottom sigma.
  4. CiaranCReilly

CiaranCReilly Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 18, 2012
    Ciaran Reilly
    Top OMD, bottom Sigma. More detail in lettering and texture in the bottom. :smile:
  5. Halaking

Halaking Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 17, 2012
    Los Angeles
  6. cmpatti

cmpatti Mu-43 Veteran

May 8, 2011
    Berkeley, CA
    I won't hazard a guess, but for subjects like this, it probably doesn't matter much. I'd be very interested to see a comparison between the two cameras on a scene that I might want to purchase the DP2M for--such as a landscape with lots of detail. Of course, even better would be to use a lens with the OMD that more closely matches the FOV of the DP2M.

By the way, the bottom one is the OMD.
  7. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oops ... I am an idiot lol :mad: I should have used Panny 20 mm lens to get almost same DOF but guys bottom one is OMD and top one is Sigma. I read Rays's long explanation on serios compact that why he is not keeping Sigma and that applies to me as well. I am gonna use it for one or two days but m gut feeling is I am gonna send it back. I love the simplistic design and output but I think the images out of current crop of MFTs and Fujis are probably sufficient for many of us. Lets see how we go :drinks:
  8. ariel777

ariel777 Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 10, 2013
    Los Angeles
    The results do not surprise me as the DP2M's forte is landscape work at F8 to 11 or so. Other than that limited use, the OMD package should be superior. If you plan to use the DP2M for any other usage, you are probably wasting your money. I have it and it is dedicated to tripod-based LS work. Since I am new to the 4/3rds arena I do plan to compare the 9-18 to DP2M at F11 which is where I shoot for LS captures.
  9. slappy

slappy Mu-43 Regular

Jan 14, 2013
    Guildford, Surrey, UK
    Have you bought this camera and then send it back just because you don't like it?
  10. Rinaldo

Rinaldo Mu-43 Regular

Aug 9, 2012
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    I think that's a good reason... :biggrin: