OMD OCD OMG (a confession).

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Johbremat, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Johbremat

Johbremat Mu-43 Regular

Dec 5, 2013
    I'm embarrassed to admit, but I really don't like mixing my goodies.

I know that there are some superior lenses in the Lumix range, but can't bring myself to whack anything other than m.Zuiko onto my E-P5 and E-M1.

Conversely, if I had bought into Panasonic, I doubt I could put on a piece of Olympus glass on...

Foolish, I know. It's about tools for the job and you shouldn't worry otherwise, but...irrational, I know.

Just wanted to say my piece. Feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

Maybe enough weight that I can now carry a full frame?

2. EarthQuake

EarthQuake Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2013
    This is very silly, some of the best lenses in the M43rds system are Panasonics.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. LoneRider

LoneRider Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 25, 2014
    Marysville, WA.
    My confession - a Lumix 20mm f/1.7 for my P5 and M1, but I picked up a spare Olympus 46mm lens cap for it.

Not OCD, CDO in alphabetical order like it should be... ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  4. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    Sheesh people, look at my sig. I don't even own the same brand of lens as my camera :)
  5. G3user

G3user Mu-43 Regular

Nov 26, 2013
    Panasonic G3, FOTGA adaptor, Konica Hexanon 40mm, aftermarket replacement lens cap.

6. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 Monkey with a camera.

May 19, 2013
    ^^^ What he said. My first few lenses were Olympus 'cuz I liked the focal ranges. My last two purchases, however were Panasonics (20 1.7 and 14 2.5) and I absolutely LOVE them !

Who cares if you're mixing or not...being Oly owners, we've got the best of both worlds.....a bunch of great lens options AND they're all stabilized!!! ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Markb

Markb Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 9, 2011
    Kent, UK
    My E-M10 is mostly used with Lumix 14 and 25 lenses. It's a system and I like a 28/50 equivalent combo lately so the Panasonic lenses make sense. Anyway those sleek black lenses look good on a black OMD body :wink:

I do use an OM 50 f1.8 on it sometimes and a couple of Oly zooms but not often.
  8. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    Silly to not take advantage of one of the system's strengths. I love Oly E-M10 but have consistently found that I prefer Panasonic lenses. I started out with P20 then changed to PL25, would love to have PL15 but I think it's way overpriced. Also, Pana 14-140 II is superb optics, it redefines super-zoom. Oly 14-150 is not even close (I used to own one).

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43
    • Like Like x 1
  9. alexcox

alexcox Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 31, 2014
    Alex Cox
    The BEST thing about the M43 system is surely that several manufacturers support it, and so we can mix and match our lenses and bodies. The Olympus 9-18mm lens looks just splendid on the Lumix GF1 body (especially if both are black!)
    • Like Like x 2
  10. flamingfish

flamingfish Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 16, 2012
    I know this is probably going to make you twitch, but not only do I use a Panasonic 20 1.7 on my E-M5, but I noticed yesterday that somehow the rear lens cap on the Pana had gotten switched for an Olympus cap.

(And now Art's comment about the Pana 14-140 vs. the Oly 14-150 is making me think I need to look into it, even though I've been loving my 14-150. The GAS pains are starting again . . . )
  11. lightmonkey

lightmonkey Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 22, 2013
    its okay, i also like to maintain brand-consistency :D
  12. Fred2726

Fred2726 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 13, 2013
    Audubon, New Jersey
    I'd sure miss my PL 25 on my EM5. Fantastic lenses, to me a very film like quality to it.
  13. Anthon

Anthon Mu-43 Regular

Dec 8, 2012
    +1, I'm sorry to make the OP suffer reading this but I tend to use olympus rear lens caps on my Panasonic lenses because they're thinner [emoji1][emoji1]

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    • Like Like x 1
  14. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I use a Canon lens cap on an Olympus lens ... I'm lucky I have any lens caps at all since they just keep vanishing.
  15. tyrphoto

tyrphoto Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2014
    Seoul | NYC
    NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) for OCD problems is just a phone call away. :biggrin:

(800) 950-NAMI (6264), Monday through Friday, 10 a.m.- 6 p.m., EST.

All kidding aside, just plain silly to choose lenses based solely on the basis of brand matching with the body.
  16. dogs100

dogs100 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 12, 2011
    N Devon UK
    If I was OCD, or CDO as it REALLY IS I would be compelled to point out that should be NAoMI ... :biggrin:
  17. T N Args

T N Args Agent Photocateur

Dec 3, 2013
    Adelaide, Australia
    call me Arg
  18. flamingfish

flamingfish Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 16, 2012
    As long as you make sure that the color matches. :wink:
  19. CiaranCReilly

CiaranCReilly Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 18, 2012
    Ciaran Reilly
    Why not, it's your hobby and your gear, enjoy it your way! There is a certain sense of class to having everything matched, of course it's an aesthetic issue but isn't aesthetics what photography is all about!
  20. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    I dunno if class is the right word...
    • Like Like x 1