1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

OMD Menu settings not working

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Chrisnmn, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Chris
    :mad:

hey guys...i was just playing around with my camera through menus and stuff, since ive been seriously wanting to get rid of that "after shot image preview" on the EVF everytime i shoot. I want to deactivate that thing and i cant seem to find were, ive been through every single menu option. anyone knows?.

but besides this i was just checking out and getting some other stuff sorted for my "my sets". and twice while playing with the menu options the camera froze for a couple of seconds. then it came back to normal but on a different "my set". and the second time it just froze for a couple of seconds before coming back but erasing all previous options.

also ive noticed that it doesnt matter what EVF style i choose it just keeps going with style 3 though i can select style 1 or 2 and save em, it doesnt display those EVF styles in my EVF.

any help? clues? :mad:

2. cookme

cookme Mu-43 Regular

May 25, 2012
    Menu -> Setup Menu (last icon, the wrench) -> Rec View -> set to Off

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Chris
    duh! thanks man!. totally passed through bunch of times without noticing. :2thumbs:

what about the EVF layout styles that i cannot make it work? any clues?

4. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    You have to have the EVF auto switch on for this feature to work...otherwise you'll get the display that's on the monitor when you press the EVF/Monitor button (a bug in my opinion).

5. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Chris
    you were right!....**** thats bad!. and yes i agree, it is a bug! :mad:

6. kentomas

kentomas New to Mu-43

Jul 9, 2012
    Thanks for that. I've just spent an hour going through the menus trying to see if something was stopping me getting Styles 1 & 2. I'd seen them working when I first bought the camera a couple of weeks ago, but was just showing camera to my son and couldn't get them to work. I had the EVF Auto switch to off as this is my default except when actively taking photographs to avoid battery drain caused by the EVF being turned on all the time due to proximity to my body activating the sensor.

So, thanks for that - I was starting to full the last little bit of my hair out.

Ken