1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

OMD-M10 Mark II vs EPL-7 Differences

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by photoeagle, Dec 20, 2015.

1. photoeagle

photoeagle Mu-43 Regular

Apr 25, 2015
    Brad Harris
    I'm researching my next camera buy, I have chosen to go mirrorless. Trying to learn about the various camera systems offering in mirrorless.

Two Olympus are on my consideration list, M10 II or EPL 7. Besides one having a viewfinder What are the major differences? Both use the same sensor and have the same meg pixels, will there being a difference in photo quality? What system will have the better growth as I become more proficient with the camera.

I do have SLR and DSLR experience.

2. Ramsey

Ramsey Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2013
    Zagreb, Croatia
    E-M10 mark i is a E-pl7 with a viewfinder.

Of the top of my head, mark ii has 5 axis ibis, two control wheels, better grip (and option for additional grip) as well as latest firmware benefits (focus stacking etc). Iq should be the same.

If money is not a major issue, go with the OMD

3. MoonMind

MoonMind Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 25, 2014
    Switzerland
    Matt
    I concur with what Ramsey has said - except for the grip; the one on the E-PL7 is fantastic.

Still, if you really want to get into mFT, the E-M10 II offers a more well-rounded and considerably more complete and flexible package. The E-PL7 has its size and gestalt going for it, but in every other respect, the E-M10 II is the better camera - in terms of potential, the PEN's no real match. I keep mine around as a - very competent - second body, though. And it makes a great travel companion if size and weight are critical (think cycling ...).

M.

4. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    Broken record, the E-PL7 is like the E-M10 mkI and not the mkII.

But while there are a number improvements in the mkII, I won't discount the mkI. If the features of the E-PL7 meet your needs the mkI is a deal right now. I actually like the feel of the thumb rest much better on the mkI over the mkII. It's actually one of the reason I opted for the E-M5 mkII ove the E-M10 mkII.

5. rezatravilla

rezatravilla Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 7, 2013
    Indonesia
    Reza Travilla
    If money doesn't matter, buy EM10 mark II. It has more axis and new feature like focus stacking which is will useful if you want to try macro or product photography.

6. dornblaser

dornblaser Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 13, 2012
    Chicago-area
    David Dornblaser
    Perhaps you might want to wait to see what the new PEN that will be announced in January is?