OMD - HLD-6 Battery Grip

noflux

Mu-43 Rookie
I love my OM-D, but i think it lacks better grip support and i don't have big hands. The HLD-6 puts that problem to rest, but its to expensive.. really expensive, its close to 300€.???

My problem is that i only need the first part of the grip and can happily do without the vertical/battery part.

Why can't Olympus sold this thing in separate parts to?
ARE U LISTENING OLYMPUS?

Does anyone has the same problem as i have?
(share your thoughts here, maybe Olympus will hear it :) )

Best regards to all,
Victor

MrKal_El

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I love my OM-D, but i think it lacks better grip support and i don't have big hands. The HLD-6 puts that problem to rest, but its to expensive.. really expensive, its close to 300€.???

My problem is that i only need the first part of the grip and can happily do without the vertical/battery part.

ARE U LISTENING OLYMPUS?

Best regards to all,
Victor

Yes. I only use the horizontal part.

Bhupinder2002

Mu-43 Hall of Famer

ARE U LISTENING OLYMPUS?

Best regards to all,
Victor
Hi Victor ,
I can share your pain as I am in the same boat . I have the battery grip and when ever I use it , i only use the horizontal part and I love how camera handles with it . Add on that bulky Vertical grip then camera is suddenly a serious monster tool and I hate carrying it . I agree OLymous should sell non- shutter button version of horizontal grip may be for USD 100 or something .I think of selling it everyday and I might sell it actually.
Cheers
Bhupinder

rssarma

Mu-43 Regular
Makes two (or many) of us!
How do you use the SHLD-6?: Micro Four Thirds Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

ARE U LISTENING OLYMPUS?

Best regards to all,
Victor

David A

Mu-43 All-Pro
I normally only use the landscape part of the grip but I do find that with a longer lens like my 40-150 when zoomed out to 150, or a heavier lens like the new 75mm, the added weight of the second part of the grip down low below the camera does help to balance the combination a bit better for me.

Also I tend to use the 40-150 for shooting birds and I tend to take a lot more shots than usual when I'm out doing that since I'm often shooting moving subjects. Having the extra battery in the second part of the grip can be useful then as well.

For those reasons I'm happy to be able to use the combination at times.

Latest threads

Top Bottom